Which is the right fuel filter

I am trying to buy it from autodoc and I see to many variants, all fitting  2.0 tdi  in description but is that right? 🧐 to much difference in size and some have water sensor . My engine is 2.0 tdi 2016 CRMB

988681F0-00F4-4C4E-8C6E-2EA1EA965462.png

DF115CA5-3526-47BF-BE48-1C66D578C465.png

DFD58524-31BA-466C-A60A-623D64352905.png

90D3FF55-812F-48B0-AC66-6A8E14BF229A.png

I just found out that my car doesn't have a water sensor so everything is clear for me now 😁

There is a huge difference between valeo fuel filters price and bosh ones and I knew valeo is a good brand

If it's any help I have the exact same engine 2.0L TDI CRMB early 2017 without the water trap and I replaced my filter two weeks ago. Using my trade account at TPS the genuine OEM part was £22.30 incl. VAT. Part no. for your reference is 5Q0 127 177. The equivalent Valeo part no. on Autodoc is 587095 and is currently showing at the time of this post as £10.58 incl. VAT but the delivery cost is £8.45. So is the £3 saving and the delivery waiting time really worth it? Fair enough if you're ordering several items from them and you don't have a TPS trade account.

• Like 1

Don't buy Valeo even if it's just an air freshener... Man, Mahle, Hengst. It's not worth the saving, it requires changing every 30k miles.

• 2 weeks later...

I change all the filters after 8 000 miles which happens in 10 months for me, not looking for cheapest, I thought Valoe is a reputable brand or at least equal to Man

Nope, Valeo is low quality brand - look at the online tests done with different filter brands and you’ll see.

You don’t need to change the fuel filter that often.

The best for me seems to be:

1/ Oil + oil filter every 7-8k miles.

2/ Air Filter - every next oil change, e.g 14-16k miles.

3/ Pollen Filter - every 10k miles.

4/ Fuel Filter - every 4th oil change - ~30k miles.

• 2 months later...

To be honest I am changing the fuel filter at every oil change just to look inside filter can for metal particles to make sure the high pressure fuel pump is doing ok , I got some mileage on my car 😅