Replacing bonnet badge

If you’ve replaced your bonnet badge with the aftermarket black one I keep seeing talked about, how did you glue it down? I might change mine on my sportline but am a bit concerned about how to remove it (fishing wire?) and how then to clean up what’s left, then most importantly how to stick the new one down. 

feedback appreciated as always from anyone who has already done it

i'll be doing if i ever get the car. hot boiling water or hair dryer to warm the glue, fishign wire or floss to prize it off. then tar and glue remover or polsih may work. i would have thought the new badges come already to just stick on?

24 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

i'll be doing …..hot boiling water ….. to prize it off. 

id be careful with boiling water - it doesn’t need it.  Boiling water onto plastic (grille) may cause you other problems.  Just use a hair dryer on medium to hot setting lightly then use dental floss.

Sticky pads should come with the new badge which is ridiculously sticky.  Buying from Kopacek, it comes with a further adhesive gel.  They advise not to jetwash the emblem directly when washing but it is unlikely, under normal conditions, to come lose.

Edited by MikeTV

6 hours ago, MikeTV said:

id be careful with boiling water - it doesn’t need it.  Boiling water onto plastic (grille) may cause you other problems.  Just use a hair dryer on medium to hot setting lightly then use dental floss.

Sticky pads should come with the new badge which is ridiculously sticky.  Buying from Kopacek, it comes with a further adhesive gel.  They advise not to jetwash the emblem directly when washing but it is unlikely, under normal conditions, to come lose.

I’ve used a pressure washer to my Kopacek badges for over a year with no issues. 

• Like 1