Roof bars/rack for Karoq

paco

Sorry if this has been asked before in fact I hope it has 😎, I’m about to take delivery of my Karoq and as my Thule roof bars from my present Yeti will not fit the Karoq, has anybody got suggestions of what to buy, I will use them to carry two kayaks.

Are you sure your existing bars won't fit? Roofbox.co.uk say both cars use 127cm roof bars, so at most you only have to change the feet. I use 127cm roof bars on my Karoq with the 775 feet from my previous Golf SV. And the beauty of sticking with Karoq is that you can have a single key operating all the locks, and any other accessories (canoe carriers, bike carriers etc) will fit with no problem. 

Chris

On 07/05/2022 at 18:08, CJJE said:

Are you sure your existing bars won't fit? Roofbox.co.uk say both cars use 127cm roof bars, so at most you only have to change the feet. I use 127cm roof bars on my Karoq with the 775 feet from my previous Golf SV. And the beauty of sticking with Karoq is that you can have a single key operating all the locks, and any other accessories (canoe carriers, bike carriers etc) will fit with no problem. 

Chris

Thanks Chris, excuse my ignorance but where do I get the Thule feet ?

20 minutes ago, paco said:

Thanks Chris, excuse my ignorance but where do I get the Thule feet ?

I'd use www.roofbox.co.uk, who can supply all Thule bits, and also match your existing keys to simplify things.

Chris

8 minutes ago, CJJE said:

I'd use www.roofbox.co.uk, who can supply all Thule bits, and also match your existing keys to simplify things.

Chris

Thanks Chris 👍😎

• Like 1

🥴 it appears that my roof bars are not Thule ! They are original Skoda bars I must have bought them about 9 years ago for my original Yeti, the accessories that I fitted to accommodate my kayaks are Thule so I can presumably salvage them.

I’ve found some new bars on DRIVEDEN that seem to be a good price ?

Thanks again for all the comments.

19 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

Should be able to sell them  on easily to a Yeti owner if made by Skoda?

👍 hope so 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I have Thule wingbars that I have used on several different cars, just bought a new foot pack to suit.

I don't use the bars half as much as I used to these days so I was looking for a cheaper alternative.

I tried a pair of "Streetwise" bars from Amazon for £45, they were no good as they touched the roof with the inside of the mount.

I went to Halfords to have a look at their own brand offering and low and behold their FP5 foot pack was almost identical to Thule, not surprising really as they are actually made in Sweden by Thule.

Result, new Thule foot pack for half the price of the Thule branded product.

• Like 1