Octavia or Superb Estate ?

EymetMark

Hello - I am going to sell my Fabia Estate as I need more space:   I regularly carry 4 adult passengers with luggage :  should I go all out and get a Superb Estate or is an Octavia big enough ?   The Superb looks HUGE but both get such great reviews I am hesitating which to get.   It will be a 2019 or 2020 model I think...

As you say, they're both great cars.

If there's an objective reason why one car would suit you better than the other, then there's your car.

If you have a personal preference for one car over the other, for whatever reason, then there's your car.

Very often, asking for advice on a car is pointless, because we usually have a preference, and tend to stick with our preference,  with the endorsement of those who agree, and despite the recommendations of those who disagree.

TL:DR Make sure the car you buy meets your requirements and budget, and trust your gut-feeling on your decision.

The only buying opinion that matters is your own. Good luck!

Having gone from Octavia estates to a Yeti I am really conscious of the relative lack of usable carrying capacity.

I found the Octavia cavernous but I rarely had passengers, what I can tell you is the one time I took 2 adults and a child together with their cases to the airport they were not swallowed with ease as I had expected, we had to retract the roller cover and pack them with a lot of thought to get them in without anyone having their smaller bags on their laps.

My having a variofloor space full of my junk meant I could not drop the floor which would have helped, given how you plan to use the vehicle I would opt for the Superb, they are not much bigger but the extra space is where you want it.

I'm of a height where I always need the driver's seat as far back at it will go.  In my Octavia Estate this did compromise rear leg room, but in my Superb there was still plenty of room for two 6'+ offspring.

Gaz 

• Like 1