Thank goodness for AirCon!

vegit8

The aircon in my 2019 Karoq Edition runs "cool" at best - yesterday it was 26 degrees in the UK and the cabin temperature was only just comfortable. Certainly not as cold an aircon as I would expect for a flagship car, it never has been.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2022 at 09:56, FabFabFabia said:

Certainly not as cold an aircon as I would expect for a flagship car, it never has been.

Hmm, that seems odd.

Mine is more than cold enough. Generally speaking I have it set at 21 on auto.

I then have to fiddle with the air vents to avoid frozen fingers or cheeks.

I would say that when getting in the car when its hot outside it takes no more than 5 mins to lower the cabin temperature.

On 18/06/2022 at 16:32, vegit8 said:

Just a tad bit warm in that there French France today.

14956A13-0633-4307-AAD1-B20F60880486.jpeg

Tell me about it, I have been working 7/7 on my new property and sleeping in a sweatbox of a caravan, the outside temperature has still been at 30° at midnight some days and by then 2 hours after finishing work I am lucky even with the aid of an aircon unit to drop the inside of the van to 5° above ambient and that was with the exhaust vent through the floor. During the day the inside temp has regularly been 50° despite the thermal blinds

I worked out that it was just a waste of time, better as soon as the outside temp started dropping to open all the windows and put the roof fan on Concorde setting and  work outside or in the cellar for another couple of hours but then you return to thousands (no exaggeration) of moths and mosquitos.

It's been wet and (relatively) cold this last week last night I awoke shivering (15° outside) had to search through the lockers for the quilt to put back on the bed.

• Like 1

As well as fiddling with the air-con profile settings in the climate menu, you can change the air-conditioning settings using OBD Eleven/ Carista and the like to change it to "hot country" settings, making the compressor cooling rate increase - I tried it with the hot country setting enabled and it does make a noticeable difference to how quickly it will cool the cabin down to the desired temperature

IMG_7911.thumb.PNG.963b1098ee188cd8e5ca5f83e7962d78.PNG

21 minutes ago, phope said:

As well as fiddling with the air-con profile settings in the climate menu, you can change the air-conditioning settings using OBD Eleven/ Carista and the like to change it to "hot country" settings, making the compressor cooling rate increase - I tried it with the hot country setting enabled and it does make a noticeable difference to how quickly it will cool the cabin down to the desired temperature

IMG_7911.thumb.PNG.963b1098ee188cd8e5ca5f83e7962d78.PNG Thanks - I already did this mod using Carista but the difference is only marginal. I never use the Auto aircon setting, only Manual.