Revo or not ... for 2.0 TDI 150hp 340nm manual

Hi forum,

I own the car from new (2016) and have 69k km with it. Recently changed antifreeze,no silica tank, water pump, belts and so on.

Then Revo came with a promo and now I'm struggling with a decision..To remap, or not :)

The engine is 2.0 TDI 150hp 340nm manual and is going ok for my family needs if safe driving. However I plan to keep it two-three more years and will appreciate some change in the power...They promise 185-190hp and ~400nm..

No plans to move to bigger brakes or bigger than current 16" wheels.

Here is what they wrote me.

Attaching the dyno charts as well.

DATA VALUES The Bosch EDC17 
Boost In standard form the boost will peak at 1.4bar tailing off to 1.0bar at 4500rpm. In Revo form boost will peak at 1.5bar and tail off to 1.0bar at 4500rpm

Fuel Mass In standard form expect to peak at 60mg/stroke around 1500-3000rpm, seeing 43mg/stroke at 4500rpm In Revo form expect to peak at 68mg/stroke 1800-3000rpm, seeing 49mg/stroke at 4500rpm

EGT In standard form expect to peak around 780ºc In Revo form expect to peak around 940ºc

Very stressing is the diff in EGT temperatures for me.

Anyone with hands-on experience with this combination. I don't want to risk too much, that's why Revo was on the spot.

Is this safe remap in general or I shall expect some premature wear in the components?

Cheers!

2_0TDi-150PS.png

The EGT will vary depending on how hard you drive the car. Driven normally the EGT will be within normal range. To get EGT that high you would need to drive it hard for quite a long time.

• Thanks 1

I mapped my VRS TDi and did it for improved driveability and have not looked back. Mine was done by Superchips Bluefin so I can always reinstall the standard map should I need to. Plus it was only £345 all in. Mapping done right is the one if the best mods to do.

• Like 1

It's really hard to describe. It's better on all three, low pick up, mid range and then top end it just keeps pulling like a train. Off the line speed with the DSG will leave most standing, it makes my car almost feel like 4 wheel drive, it completely changes how the car pulls but somehow it's still smooth and has actually increased my MPG.

My car insurance only went up £30 a year so i suggest you declare it (Esure) 

The remap cost me £399+VAT. I will get every car I have remapped in the future

No more regens and def no error codes. It's been on for 2 months now - flawless

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sec8200 said:

@SkodaKing thank you! Hats down...you motivated me to jump and take the risk

Honestly I can't see there being a risk. I can still see the mechanics face and smile when he handed me the keys back and I asked if the map went on ok (his smirk "oh I think you'll notice the difference!") 

I now want stage 2 but they don't do it for this engine! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkodaKing said:

I now want stage 2 but they don't do it for this engine! 

Do Revo do a recode if you have any work done by a dealer that wipes it? Or a return for more coding sort of policy?

You could change the exhaust and some of the inlet bits and get them to take another look. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever get the remap done? 

Ridiculously I was driving with a 2018 Audi S3 on the way to work this morning and my Octavia was VERY well matched, he couldn't get away (he must have been ****sssssed as my Elegance looks totally stock)  

• Like 1

Every remapped car looks totally standard unless someone maybe puts a APR badge on trying to show the stage of tune.   The question with a race is does the other drive know they are supposed to be in one!   Or are they taken like a King while just driving along. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

Every remapped car looks totally standard unless someone maybe puts a APR badge on trying to show the stage of tune.   The question with a race is does the other drive know they are supposed to be in one!   Or are they taken like a King while just driving along. 

really?! i thought it automatically installed neons and a big spoiler.

He had his foot down believe me

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SkodaKing said:

really?! i thought it automatically installed neons and a big spoiler.

He had his foot down believe me

Mapped or not mapped given as standard the S3 has 304bhp and 295lbs of torque. I am guessing he was not trying too hard. My mapped VRS (as nimble as it is) with 210 to 220bhp would struggle to keep up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ecomatt said:

Mapped or not mapped given as standard the S3 has 304bhp and 295lbs of torque. I am guessing he was not trying too hard. My mapped VRS (as nimble as it is) with 210 to 220bhp would struggle to keep up. 

The way his exhaust was screaming he was certainly flooring it. It was from 60mph onwards. After searching the reg he has no MOT or insurance - driving it like he stole it, maybe he had!

The way this is going i might have to upload my dashcam footage !

• Sad 1

Good idea   great watching cars going from 60-70 mph and a bit more on public forums / social media.  Maybe a ringer or a look-a-likie.  But then not all drivers are that good or cars in the best of nick.  

Edited by roottoot

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

Good idea   great watching cars going from 60-70 mph and a bit more on public forums / social media.  Maybe a ringer or a look-a-likie.  But then not all drivers are that good or cars in the best of nick.  

Are you always this fun? 

• Kiss 1

When I take someone like a king it is just another press of the accelerator.  I do not get all excited.  If I get blown off because someone's car is quicker or they are happy to exceed the speed limit I am not upset.  Usually I am 3 points off a ban.  Several times I served the ban. 

• Groan 1