Mirrors have stopped folding

Schtum

After inadvertently flattening and recharging the battery on my 2016 SE L Drive, the mirrors will no longer fold in if I hold down the lock button on the remote.  In addition, holding down the unlock button will only drop the front door windows rather than all four.

I've performed the reset on the one-touch front windows which usually solves the mirror folding issue but it hasn't worked this time.    Any ideas....?  

1 hour ago, Schtum said:

Thanks. Yes, I thought I'd done that but perhaps not quite in this order....

I cannot see that working.
Find what windows have lose the one touch operation and individually close them, release the switch, then hold the switch up again for about 5 seconds.

4 minutes ago, Urrell said:

Find what windows have lose the one touch operation and individually close them, release the switch, then hold the switch up again for about 5 seconds.

I did all that.  One touch is working fine on both front windows.  As far as I'm aware it's not available on the rears. 

28 minutes ago, Schtum said:

I did all that.  One touch is working fine on both front windows.  As far as I'm aware it's not available on the rears. 

If one touch is not available on the rear windows it's because they both need resetting!
Close window, release switch then hold it up again for about 5 seconds.

Edited by Urrell

3 hours ago, Schtum said:

In addition, holding down the unlock button will only drop the front door windows rather than all four.

Was that not a clue that they have lost the one touch function?

Only one more thing I can think of preventing resetting the rear windows, have you got the "child safety switch" pressed on the drivers door to disable the rear windows?

Edit: Forget that as the reset is done from the drivers door switches and the "child safety switch" does not disable that one.

Edited by Urrell

On 28/06/2022 at 18:09, Urrell said:

I'm still stuck with this, having attempted to reset one-touch on the rear windows several times.  It was all working perfectly before the flat battery incident.  Anyone have any ideas...? 

6 minutes ago, Schtum said:

Why say that AGAIN ?
Your last two comments here say, ""As far as I'm aware it's not available on the rears. "" and ""It was all working perfectly before the flat battery incident""
I do believe we are being taken for a ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urrell said:

I do believe we are being taken for a ride.

You're not.  It's not about you.  I'm having a genuine difficulty about which I'm looking for advice.   Are you aways so irascible about everything?  If you're unable to help might I suggest finding something more useful to do with your time.  

8 hours ago, Schtum said:

If you're unable to help might I suggest finding something more useful to do with your time.  

If I may ask who has given you more help here than me?
One more to sort my confusion, have the rear windows ever opened and closed on the fob or had one touch operation from the drivers door switch?

• Like 1

The rear windows should also support one touch.

From the drivers panel, with the windows shut, press and hold up for 5-10s. Then press and hold down until the window is fully open and wait 5-10s before releasing. Finally press and hold up until the window is fully closed and wait 5-10s.

It's the same procedure on all four windows and the order doesn't matter.

You can also try folding the mirrors using the switch to see if that works.

If at this point, it still doesn't work then I'd suggest a scan with VCDS or similar for fault codes :)