Still pleased with purchase but concerned over EMS alerts

Into third week of ownership, and still well pleased!

190BHP 4x4 DSG - first two tankfuls returned 43 & 45 mpg, happy with that after Freelander that averaged 33 mpg!

Towbar fitted today by Copthorne Services of Shrewsbury, Westfalia detachable, tidy install and at a fair price considering fitted and coded in!

BUT - third time today on way to towbar fit, since purchase,  had "Workshop Alert" message, saying place in "P" and get sorted, lasted about 5 seconds then extinguished! 

Should I be worried? Is this an event that would be stored in ECU history and would be accessible with an OBD scanner?

Thoughts please? Guessing that ECU has been flattened during re-code for tow bar, just ideas on best way forward please?

Snowy.

Something is amiss.

Don't be concerned about ECU history with a scanner as the dealership will want to scan with their equipment.

The towbar company will only have adjusted the settings required to do the job too.

Going forward - the dealership will need to sort it sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

This, I believe, is the microswitch in the shifter. It can be replaced individually

I've been getting this on my new purchase and will be doing the repair as described in the above

Wow! Thanks for this!

Hassles suffering an intermittent alert but reassured that it's nothing major and not gonna blow the gearbox!

Annoyingly I purchased the car from a Lexus dealer (Inchcape) who want the car back for diags, think the round trip and time waiting for the described issue to be identified might be a waste of time!

Anyone succsessfully stopped this alert? Electrical / contact cleaner spray in the right place?

22 hours ago, Snowr0 said:

Wow! Thanks for this!

Hassles suffering an intermittent alert but reassured that it's nothing major and not gonna blow the gearbox!

Annoyingly I purchased the car from a Lexus dealer (Inchcape) who want the car back for diags, think the round trip and time waiting for the described issue to be identified might be a waste of time!

Anyone succsessfully stopped this alert? Electrical / contact cleaner spray in the right place?

I believe the existing one is buried deep in the shifter mechanism. That's why there's a replacement add-on that bypasses it

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sucsess! Car came with CarCare warranty for 12 months, Faintree in Telford had it in and have managed to get the warranty folk to pay for them to do the add-on upgrade.

Hopefully no more irrelevant alerts!  🤞

• Like 2

Well, good and bad news! New override switch fitted, time will tell but hopefully no further EMS workshop alerts over use of "P" whilst driving!

Bad news, on getting car back noted no light on gear selector, and loss of ESC / Mode & Auto start / stop buttons on right of shift lever!

Back to Skoda to be told "schoolboy error, not connected wiring of new part correctly"!

Glad issue resolved, but we "trust" and pay the rates for trained Skoda mechanics, and have to accept such events! Not best pleased, new world ways I suppose! 

• Sad 1