Cruise Control - Kufatec harness help

So, on a recent visit to a breakers yard I picked up a genuine cruise control switch for the Fabia, then decided to order a harness from ebay.  On arrival it turns out to be a Kufatec harness, although it wasn't purchased through them.  The instructions appear to be in pigeon english.  One part in particular puzzles me -

"Route the cable with the inscription T11/6 rot to the 11-pole plug in the water tank (E-box).  Pin the cable into pin 6"

Can anybody shed any light on this please?  What on earth is a water tank (E-box)???

For reference the Kufatec part number is 46361 which appears correct for my car ('03 1.9Tdi).  I've looked on the Kufatec website but it would appear you need to have bought the item directly from them to access their instructions online

EN Kabelsatz GRA - Skoda Fabia 6Y.pdf

So, just to confirm - the T11 plug mentioned above is the one which is a pain in the bum to reach, buried under the dash - which can alternatively be connected to the white cable in pin 14 of the T81 plug to the ECU??

• 5 weeks later...

So, for the benefit of others using this kit - there are 4 connections to make

1 - plug in cruise control switch

2 - plug 6 way connection into BCM

3 - short wire to fused switched 12v supply

4 - long wire through bulkhead to ECU

Then VCDS to activate cruise, clear any error codes then test drive 👍

Longest part was managing to thread a wire though the bulkhead grommet behind the glovebox 😖

Sorry, didn't take any photos along the way but there's plenty already online if you search

• Like 3