"Convenience" window opening with remote stopped working.

Just in time for the baking weather, my convenience opening has suddenly and completely stopped.  The windows all open and close fine using the door buttons, but If I try to hold the lock button on the keyfob after the doors lock/mirror folds, or if I hold unlock on the keyfob, the windows do not shift.  Following other forum hints, I've held the internal button down for about 15 seconds after it finishes, both for up and down actions.

I eventually found the dash menu option (base display, without built-in Satnav) to set or turn off convenience windows, but this makes no difference.  I found the action under locking/unlocking to rest the system to Manufacturer's Settings, but this does not work.

I didn't realise how much I relied on this - I can close the windows overnight without leaving my desk normally!

Skoda Superb estate SE 2019 RHD 1.5 petrol

Good suggestion, but I've tried it with my wife's keys and no joy.  I fitted those with a new battery a few months ago.  Nor with my own keys again, just in case there was some rolling code nonsense going on.  At least you reminded me I'd left the car with windows cracked open because of the daytime heat. 

I had this on my Superb MKII, and it was because the windows had lost their limit settings for some reason.  However you can reset them by doing something like this (I can't remember exactly):

• Turn the ignition on (not the engine)
  • Using the window switch send the window all the way down and press 5 times down and hold it for 3sec on the last time.
  • Using the window switch send the window all the way up and press 5 times down and hold it for 3sec on the last time.
  • Do it for each of the windows individually.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, clarksonline said:

I had this on my Superb MKII, and it was because the windows had lost their limit settings for some reason.  However you can reset them by doing something like this (I can't remember exactly):

• Using the window switch send the window all the way down and press 5 times down and hold it for 3sec on the last time.
  • Using the window switch send the window all the way up and press 5 times down and hold it for 3sec on the last time.

Almost. Youdon’t need the 5 presses, just open window, hold switch  in open position for a few seconds, close window and hold switch in close position for a few seconds then repeat on other windows.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StephenCarter said:

I reset from the screen menu: tried off, driver's window only and all windows. Only tried physical reset from driver's button.

Reset all 4 windows using the procedure in Kenny R's post above.  

Followed all the instructions, using both the individual door buttons and the master switch panel.   Up, down, down, up.  Ignition on, off, on.  Nothing worked.  Gave up, kicked back on my phone and relaxed in the driver seat for half an hour.  On getting out, the windows worked perfectly!  I felt I could hear the Skoda sni_ggering.

Edited by StephenCarter
  • Haha 1

• 11 months later...
On 15/07/2022 at 08:10, clarksonline said:

Just had the control module software update re front indicator potentially not flashing (it’s mentioned on dvla website too) but only because they wouldn’t do the DSG service unless I agreed. The reset worked perfectly and the convenience close/up works! Thank you. Interesting enough it stopped the folding mirrors from folding - don’t know why but work again now so double thanks 😊 

Edited by Nigel_S