Missing clock on Dashboard

I purchased my ex-demo Octavia iv Estate Special Edition 2.0 SE L First Edition in Nov 20. It was 1st Registered 07/20.

Unlike all my previous Octavia’s, I’ve noticed that there is no time clock on my dashboard. The only clock I have is along the bottom of the Infotainment screen, which is very hard to find, especially when you’re driving. All the dashboard images I’ve seen on other posts, seem to show a digital time clock across the top of the dashboard. 

So my question is: Is this standard for this model, or should it be there?

i have vrs ref 27/07/2022 i have noticed the time showing like you is along the bottom of the infotainment screen.i just thought i had pressed a wrong button but still unable to find anything regarding the time.have to look more into it.

I'm on 1896, but it has been missing from the time of purchase. After my last service a month ago, I mentioned it to the service manager. He was as stumped as to why it was missing, as all other Octavia's on the forecourt had a clock showing. He did offer to get in touch with Skoda, but haven't heard back from him yet. 

I have a SEL First Edition, registered Sept 2020. When I collected it there was no clock on the virtual cockpit, only at the bottom of the Infotainment screen. The VC unit was swapped Sept ‘21 as part of a fix for the KPH/MPH issue - I then had a clock.

As an owner of the same model, thanks for the feedback sneal.

It may well be that something needs to be replaced to get a clock to display on the dash where it's visible. Although I'm not sure what a VC unit is exactly. 😉

1 minute ago, Grady said:

As an owner of the same model, thanks for the feedback sneal.

It may well be that something needs to be replaced to get a clock to display on the dash where it's visible. Although I'm not sure what a VC unit is exactly. 😉

The Virtual Cockpit (VC) unit is what we know as the dashboard. 

Just for clarity, the image is not of my own vehicle, it was from someone else's post on a different topic. I used the same image to show the Service manager what I wanted. I also asked if it was possible to show the speed limit icon on the VC as well.

But reading further into the topic, it seems this is only available if you have Travel Assist as well. Which I don't have....

• 4 months later...

Had the final decision from Skoda today after the car spent some days in the garage, trying to find the reason why the clock wasn't there. 

Skoda Technical maintain that it was a company decision "not to fit a clock". This I find hard to believe, especially when all other models, both new and old have one. I can only believe that they knew there was a fault, but probably due to time constraints with the1st Edition, deciding to fit it anyway, hoping no one notices its missing...

The only good side to this is that they offered me the chance to try an "unofficial fix" that might sort the long standig Miles/Yards issue most of us had with the Satnav, as well a possible fix for the clock.

Happily the Satnav issue has now been resolved, but not the clock. 

• Thanks 1