Octavia estate VRS rear spoiler brake light needed

Hi everyone. I’m new to this. I own a Octavia estate VRS for the last ten years. I have been working on the car recently all the engine is fine new turbo fitted lots of work done..but I can’t find a rear spoiler brake light anywhere, any ideas anyone. Thank you.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Chrissss said:

Hi everyone. I’m new to this. I own a Octavia estate VRS for the last ten years. I have been working on the car recently all the engine is fine new turbo fitted lots of work done..but I can’t find a rear spoiler brake light anywhere, any ideas anyone. Thank you.

Is this to replace the one that’s on there? Anything wrong with the original? 

I’ll also keep a look out for any vRS estate that are breaking for you.

• Thanks 1

Hi DeanVRS20VT Thank you for your reply. The original light, only halve the lights work. I had to disconnect it, for it too go through MOT. Yes please keep an eye out for breaking MK1 estate. I need a few bits. To put back to mint.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Chrissss said:

Hi DeanVRS20VT Thank you for your reply. The original light, only halve the lights work. I had to disconnect it, for it too go through MOT. Yes please keep an eye out for breaking MK1 estate. I need a few bits. To put back to mint.

Oh, you can get a replacements.

To remove the standard Estate light, remove the front top trim panel inside the tailgate then lever the 3 retaining springs and and the catch out of the slots in the tailgate. Next, close the tailgate and pull the light fitting off the tailgate then separate the plug connector. To replace the bulbs, remove the 3 screws from the bulb holder. The bulbs push in.

@nige8021 Are they LED’s or bulbs like the hatchback?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

You can repair the light unit they are LED's that can be replaced if you're OK with a soldering iron ?

Thanks nige8021. Thank you for the link much appreciated.and I was sitting down haha. I think I’ll just order part..or find someone who can repair it. 
Many thanks 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

@DeanVRS20VT they were LEDs in my estate but even if they are normal filament bulbs soldered in they can be replaced as the filaments are available mainly used in model making they are called Grain of wheat filaments

Ah ok, the hatchback were ‘286 DASHBOARD SMALL CAPLESS WEDGE 12V 1.2W BULBS’, which obviously made life a little more easier. I think you linked them to me a few years back.

12 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Oh, you can get a replacements.

To remove the standard Estate light, remove the front top trim panel inside the tailgate then lever the 3 retaining springs and and the catch out of the slots in the tailgate. Next, close the tailgate and pull the light fitting off the tailgate then separate the plug connector. To replace the bulbs, remove the 3 screws from the bulb holder. The bulbs push in.

@nige8021 Are they LED’s or bulbs like the hatchback?

Thanks for that dean.. I will try every possibility.. she is in the garage still until Monday had all the engine done new turbo all mechanically sound..body work is good just missing this light 

Just now, DeanVRS20VT said:

Ah ok, the hatchback were ‘286 DASHBOARD SMALL CAPLESS WEDGE 12V 1.2W BULBS’, which obviously made life a little more easier. I think you linked them to me a few years back.

On the Hatch they do list the filaments N 900 510 02 but not for the estate as they are LEDs (mine were)

34 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

You can repair the light unit they are LED's that can be replaced if you're OK with a soldering iron ?

54 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

Thanks nige8021 and this will fit estate rear spoiler light. 
thank you 

27 minutes ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Yup I replaced all of mine when I found 3 had blown, local motor factors had a load of suitable ones :- Lucas LLB 284 T5 12v / 2.3w   (13 off needed)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissss said:

Thanks nige8021 and this will fit estate rear spoiler light. 
thank you 

If you follow the first link that is the parts listing and item 12B is the estate light unit and gives part number 1U9945097C as the one for the VRs 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

If you follow the first link that is the parts listing and item 12B is the estate light unit and gives part number 1U9945097C as the one for the VRs 

Hi nige thank you for this.. have you used

oemvwshop.com are they any good

thank you