SE-L to Scout

Been pondering these thoughts for a few months, Looking at the Parts diagram I can't see why It wouldn't work. But looking for opinions and ideas. 

So I had the Yeti which I liked the ride height on, But changed to the Octavia for more space, I couldn't find an a Scout with the spec I wanted, and they where quite pricey for what you got. 

I got the Octavia SE-L which is 4x4 so I'm halfway there, I was looking at Shocks & Springs and front and rear bumpers, as well as some of the body plastics and the underside protectors.

Any thoughts on this, I go out into the wilderness often, especially in the snow for my photography and would like a bit of extra ride height, I had thought about air-ride but that takes up space in the boot and also I'm unsure on the ride quality. 

Bodywork change would be prohibitively expensive. I wouldn't bother with that side of it. Under body protection should be a straight swap/fit. Just need to find part numbers and a bunch of the he clips and screws. 

The ride height bit has been discussed a bit and the scout is I think a combo of longer (stiffer?) springs and taller tyres. The springs are an easy change. The tyres less so given the change in speedo. Maybe go a single size up in either width or height and live with the fact they are not scout size.

Personally I would be on the hunt for a scout and in the mean time spend some effort on the current car to get as much for it as possible.

Just remembered there are some MQB suspension lift kits available that would work too.

Postie's, home delivery drivers  and even forestry commission workers and woodland wardens make it about in the UK,s wilderness tracks in vans with nothing special in the way of ground clearance or even winter of all terrain tyres.  Plenty threads on Briskoda on giving Skoda models a bit of a lift or clearance for tyres. 

The scout has and "off road" mode in the selection , does the standard SE-L have that already or can it be coded /switched on somehow ?

I find the body protection handy , especially the cill protection which connects to the wheel arches. My MK2 Ambience didn't have that and the lack of protection ended up causing rusting cills ( OK,  it did have 160k on the clock !) . The scout does seem to do a good job of that.

Shame the new Scout is available in the UK ☹️