Help with charging a 2022 Superb Estate 2.0TSI 190HP battery.

Sorry if this has been posted before anywhere. I took delivery, yesterday, by trailer of a 2022 Superb Estate 2.0TSI 190HP. After messing around with some of the features I thought I may as well charge the battery while it was in the garage. I connected up a CTEK Multi XS 7000, which I've used previously for years. Connected the positive terminal and stuck the negative clamp onto, what I believe is the earthing point, just behind the battery. Put the mode on snowflake as I'm sure the batteries are AGM. After 30 minutes the charger got quite warm and the cable became hot. I changed the mode to normal and the cable cooled right down although the charger was quite warm. ( warmer than when i used to charge my 2016 2.2 CDI Kia Sorento ). 

The charge capacity indicator stayed on a quarter for at least 30 minutes without moving up. ( again, unlike when I used it on the Sorento.)

Could anybody tell me please  what I am doing wrong or if I'm causing any damage?  I disconnected it all until I've got help from some of you guys and girls.

I'll see if I can put up a couple of photos as it may help you all (hopefully)

0EEA2951-0F44-4BCA-ABBD-E24EFE0BA325.heic F9CAF00E-0816-4317-B027-24754B686699.heic

2 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Just leave the charger set on Normal.

Although AGM batteries can be charged faster at higher voltage than wet batteries, they don't have to be.

Ok, thanks. Right, doesn't look as though my photos have uploaded properly 🙄 

The other thing is I'm concerned whether I'm connecting the negative charging clamp to the right earthing point. I was hoping the photo would show where I've stuck it. It's an upright metal bit screwed to the bulkhead just behind the battery. Where it's screwed in, there's 2 screws with wires attached and they're brown. Does the sound right?

Ahh, thanks for that diagram. Looks like I've attached it to the right thing. 👍

I'll have to give it another go. Really worried that I had caused damage (after waiting 10 months for it. 😱)