Android Auto WiFi connection

What I'm after is advice on the Stereo / Head Unit. Currently have a MkIII Skoda Octavia Vrs (I think its a MK III) I use Android Auto but have to connect via a USB cable Is it possible to configure things to use Android Auto over Wireless and how to do this. Is there a software option to facilitate this.

Seen lots of things which just mean jibbeirish to me as not sure how to interpret the long names of update files 

20220822_155750[1].jpg

20220822_155802[1].jpg

20220822_155810[1].jpg

20220822_155844[1].jpg

48 minutes ago, dhandley said:

What I'm after is advice on the Stereo / Head Unit. Currently have a MkIII Skoda Octavia Vrs (I think its a MK III) I use Android Auto but have to connect via a USB cable Is it possible to configure things to use Android Auto over Wireless and how to do this. Is there a software option to facilitate this.

Seen lots of things which just mean jibbeirish to me as not sure how to interpret the long names of update files 

20220822_155844[1].jpg

This is your installed firmware 0456, available 0480.

You could update the software, but might not make AA work, never tried myself as just using Bluetooth.

Something I should perhaps try to see if possible.

• Like 1

any idea where I get the update from and how I install it.  The Android Auto was to utilise Google Maps / Waze rather than built in Sat Nav which doesn't have speed camera locations etc 

Any idea how to upgrade the sat nav Database?

many thanks for the reply 

3 minutes ago, dhandley said:

any idea where I get the update from and how I install it.  The Android Auto was to utilise Google Maps / Waze rather than built in Sat Nav which doesn't have speed camera locations etc 

Any idea how to upgrade the sat nav Database?

many thanks for the reply 

Firmware can be sent by me or Pab567 via PM

Sat Nav I can send link to the one I used, has to live on SD Card 24/7 in glovebox

• Like 1

No experience yet...

Most my journeys are an hour plus so wireless AA would destroy my battery life. Much easier to just plug it in and have a fully charged phone when I arrive 😉

Pretty sure others have used it and a few other brands. Hopefully someone will be along with first hand experience 👍

• 2 months later...

Ciao a tutti, continuate questa discussione, ho un Karoq che monta un Amundsen e vorrei aggiornarlo per vedere se può gestire la connessione wifi senza cavo. Puoi aiutarmi a capirlo?

Grazie

photo_2022-11-14_09-57-57.jpg

5 minutes ago, Giordy73 said:

Ciao a tutti, continuate questa discussione, ho un Karoq che monta un Amundsen e vorrei aggiornarlo per vedere se può gestire la connessione wifi senza cavo. Puoi aiutarmi a capirlo?

Grazie

photo_2022-11-14_09-57-57.jpg

.... I'm sorry but I have problems with the translator ..... Hello everyone, continue this discussion, I have a Karoq that mounts an Amundsen and I would like to update it to see if it can manage the wifi connection without cable. can you help me figure it out? thank you

14 minutes ago, Giordy73 said:

.... I'm sorry but I have problems with the translator ..... Hello everyone, continue this discussion, I have a Karoq that mounts an Amundsen and I would like to update it to see if it can manage the wifi connection without cable. can you help me figure it out? thank you

There is an update to 0480, but usually for big fixes.  So don't expect it to fix or add wireless AA.

12 minutes ago, langers2k said:

As mentioned above, if you want wireless CarPlay or wireless AA, you will need a 3rd party adapter...

... but is it possible to know which adapter? You know the part number

There is no official kit from Skoda to add it so there is no part number.

I'm not sure if you want AA or CarPlay support but a few random examples include:

https://www.aawireless.io/

https://carsifi.com/

https://cplay2air.com/

https://www.carlinkit.com/

I'd suggest checking some of the many review/comparison sites to see which fits your needs :)

For example: https://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-phone-accessories/141911/the-best-wireless-adapters-for-carplay-and-android-auto-in-2022

• Like 2