Octavia 2.0tdi elegance

Adz43

Hi everyone I'm going to have a look at a possible purchase tomorrow '59 plate Octavia 2.0tdi elegance and I would like to know if anyone has pointers as in what to look at if the car is ok or not please, I understand from the garage it is a pd engine do these have dpf on them or any other common faults I should ask about thanks 

It's probably a BMM or BMN motor and will likely have a dpf.  They're generally solid motors but worth checking for history of regular oil changes and using the correct grade for as PD motor.  Also check on cambelt/water pump replacement - due every 4 years - and whether the dual mass flywheel has been replaced at any point.

1 minute ago, MikeTheThinker said:

It's probably a BMM or BMN motor and will likely have a dpf.  They're generally solid motors but worth checking for history of regular oil changes and using the correct grade for as PD motor.  Also check on cambelt/water pump replacement - due every 4 years - and whether the dual mass flywheel has been replaced at any point.

According to the for sale literature it's just had cambelt done at 52k miles

I thought Skoda started bolting DPFs on from around 2007/8 to the 2lt engines, this is when things started to go wrong for diesel owners, if memory serves, from all the forum activity around that time?

56 minutes ago, gav_is_con said:

I thought Skoda started bolting DPFs on from around 2007/8 to the 2lt engines, this is when things started to go wrong for diesel owners, if memory serves, from all the forum activity around that time?

That was on the vrs.

The elegance that the OP is looking at will be a PD140 which won't have a dpf.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adz43 said:

We bought it in the end so thank you for your help everyone 

I hope you are very happy with your new purchase.  We've had five Octys in the family (1x mk1, 4x mk2) and are very happy with the cars.  I really enjoy our Scout and - despite the larger motor - can still see fuel mileage over 50 on longer trips.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2022 at 11:08, MikeTheThinker said:

I hope you are very happy with your new purchase.  We've had five Octys in the family (1x mk1, 4x mk2) and are very happy with the cars.  I really enjoy our Scout and - despite the larger motor - can still see fuel mileage over 50 on longer trips.

It's already been alot of fun driving it ,.by the way regarding having a dpf or not it's a bkd engine 

• Like 1