Rear wheel bearing advice?

Hi Guys, I am just about to attempt a OSR wheel bearing replacement on my 55 Reg Vrs. 

Will I need a hub puller to remove the hub from the stub axle? Do they usually seize on? Anything I need to consider before I attempt this? Many thanks.

no they come straight out no puller required the whole job takes an hour for both sides its very easy mate and personally for the price of the bearings I would suggest while you have the rear arm down you do both just make sure you have 2 jacks makes the whole process a lot easier :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stewartasb said:

no they come straight out no puller required the whole job takes an hour for both sides its very easy mate and personally for the price of the bearings I would suggest while you have the rear arm down you do both just make sure you have 2 jacks makes the whole process a lot easier :)

Might be different on the vRS with discs at the back but can't see it being much different.

• Thanks 1

It's all the same parts whether it's discs or drums on the back. Really easy job to change, just make sure you have the right socket for the hub nut. Once the nut is off, the hub will most likely come off in your hand. 

The torque setting according to my manual is 70Nm +30 degrees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 13:37, Stewartasb said:

Great stuff.  Thank you very much for the reply. The NSR was done by a garage a couple of years back. I'll attempt the OSR myself though. Appreciate your help.

On 10/10/2022 at 22:52, StevesTruck said:

It's all the same parts whether it's discs or drums on the back. Really easy job to change, just make sure you have the right socket for the hub nut. Once the nut is off, the hub will most likely come off in your hand. 

The torque setting according to my manual is 70Nm +30 degrees.

I've bought the correct hub nut socket and have a torque wrench to refit it. Thank you for the torque setting and your reply. I'll give it a go!