Can someone recommend front shocks for a 2015 Skoda Octavia Scout Mk III Type 5E

I'm about to replace the front shocks on my Octavia Scout, can someone recommend a brand to use and what to avoid.  Any useful information would be very gratefully received.  

• Administrators

A long time ago I had a set of konis. They leaked. A shame as they were inside a set of KW coil overs.

the KW bits of metal were fine, the konis, less impressed.

idk what would be a good fit for the Octavia scout. Sadly not gotten around to owning one. Local dealer had one, very over priced, sent to auction, prob got less than I offered.

the obvious replacement is a oem part.  Or a generic. 

the less obvious is, do you need it to be more robust, upgraded?

thank you - I don't need to upgrade, a mechanic mate is going to replace them for me and I want make sure I replace with a decent brand.  The turning to my house is sharp and extremely steep and it goes up and down about 6 times every day!

I would fit Bilstein B4 dampers as they are oe replacement part. You can get them from Autodoc very cheaply and are better than the standard dampers. Also worth changing the top mounts whilst they are off.

Edited by Ecomatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

amazing thank you - that's really helpful.  Is this part correct (see link or attached frame grab) https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/bilstein/7620083

1435547466_Screenshot2022-10-18at08_07_57.thumb.png.67ef4898ea5ae174c397b00f130cf795.png

They are the same ones I fitted to my VRS with the 55mm strut diameter. I believe the scout uses the same strut diametet so will fit fine.