Boot close handle

Hi, 

Could someone please help me out please?

I just got a 2017 SE L but whatever you grab to close the boot is missing. I had a MK1 and it was a strap, but hard to search for a part that you don't know what looks like!

Thanks

12 hours ago, langers2k said:

At a guess - it might be this: https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/5e5827895a9b9-boot-handle-24644.html

No sure if you have an estate or hatchback? I think that's for an estate but I'm not sure.

Thanks appreciated. Delivery a bit steep I to UK, although have scoured the net and doesn't seem to exist elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, BMJ040 said:

Thanks appreciated. Delivery a bit steep I to UK, although have scoured the net and doesn't seem to exist elsewhere.

In theory any dealer should be able to order it in, and might be stock in the main UK distribution network.

• 3 months later...

yup my local garage ... who happen to be the best independent family garage in the uk this year ... ordered the grab handle in two minutes yesterday ... arrives today ... it just hooks into the slot and hangs some 

• Like 1

Estate Part numbers are: -

5E5 827 895 (9B9)  Grab Handle 03/2013 to 08/2014

5E5 827 895 A (9B9)  Grab Handle 08/2014 to 05/2017

Where (9B9) = Satin Black

Hatchback Part numbers are: -

5E5 827 895 (9B9)  Grab Handle 11/2012 to 08/2014

5E5 827 895 A (9B9)  Grab Handle 08/2014 to 05/2017

Where (9B9) = Satin Black

Yes, the part number is same for Estate/Hatchback, just the difference in dates fitted

• Thanks 1

On 19/10/2022 at 10:44, langers2k said:

This is the one on my 18 plate hatch, no obvious part number I'm afraid...

image.thumb.png.1f41723a4ab7e655420a715da1283f63.png

You was spot on with your part number guess above the post here, found the part for your Estate, and they still use the same part number, just with new date range.

Illustration 868-080 if you have parts program lookup, part 8

730069703_2018GrabHandle.thumb.png.8e68826c61576cc7475dbac4c072b1a9.png

• Thanks 1

thanks vroom ... i'll store this info in my back sleeve of my haynes manual ... not very a proof read manual ... as for the fuse layouts they show ... nothing like the real thing ... glove box go to 12.8 ... there is no 12.8 ! 

worst ... the phrase see illustration but no illustration number so out of say 10 illustrations on a double page spread you guess which they are referring to (literally) and they use different words to those under the illustration ... just as well I'm a useless car mechanic ... oddly great on motorcycles but hopeless on cars ... use the manual to learn the fuse layouts and keep some spares handy :) 

• Like 1

so i have a new pull handle ... paid 35 cash and mechanic helped pull tailgate trim panel out ... found plastic block and star screw dropped down inside ... 2012 version angled same but has ball shape at pull end

mother f'cker panel to put back ..the metal clips are held in flimsy plastic seat and too easy to bend them over not to refit properly 

we managed but took on / off and felt like we'd break another one each time 

there was already a small crack tear at the bottom i'm glueing together today 

but overall pleased to have the grab handle but you can only pull it down so far before removing hand to then gets fingers dirty finishing closing it shut ... i can see why folk like auto closers but just something else to go wrong 

keeping the hinges and lock catch well lubricated makes it smoother ... i use mine a lot ... have all my 'site' kit in the back when in the road 

ill find the part no. for mine and post up 

Edited by promomast
  • Like 1

found a cheaper handle on ebay .. says genuine looks right shape ... half the price or less on ebay than skoda part 

and the trim clips shown are the same as behind back panel on mine 

C89838E8-7A58-4C9A-80A2-42A849E41181.jpeg

B1836165-4627-4BDC-BD55-A4CFCCD50ED2.jpeg