EA888 2.0 Engine Badge / Emblem / Logo Replacement - Anyone know where to source these?

TL;DRQuery: Does anyone know where to source a Skoda version of the engine cover badge - do they even exist, or are they just rarer than hen's teeth?

Context: Back in the early Covid days of 2020, I had the somewhat misguided idea to paint the boring stock MQB EA88 plastic engine cover as a 'project'. Having had a good experience painting up the the Rieger rear diffuser in matte black (still going strong 4 years later 💪) and buying various plastic & heat friendly paints - whichever was available during the stock shortages - I set to work in early 2021. My final efforts were slightly better than 'amateurish' after several months, with final tidying up completed in late '21. Since then, the clear coat I used has perished - likely due to heat, and looks pretty shoddy - making me cringe every time I lift the bonnet or need to drop it into my local garage 😅

To erase my shame, I've now decided to purchase a new VW Golf R spec MQB engine cover (similar to this), but cannot for the life of me find an original (black plastic) or even aftermarket Skoda replacement of the ~70mm emblem for the engine cover! I can find new Cupra ('carbon-style') refit badges, but nothing with the Skoda logo or even something akin to it or cooler (e.g., Racingline / Revo etc.).

I've Googled for so long on the 'throne' that my legs went numb 🆘 - typically it just comes up with the ubiquitous video of the Skoda badge being removed to find the VW logo underneath 🙄 - now no longer a surprise...

I recognise that in the wider scheme of things, it's a niche request and possibly one many won't care about - but it's a real niggle that I'm keen to get a definitive answer on!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ads230
Grammar tings.

I fitted the engine cover off a Golf 1.4 to my EA211 1.4TSI Octavia (the 1.4 doesn't come with a cover on the Octavia), and fitted an Octavia bonnet badge which was still firmly in place 5 years later when my ex got the car.

Right, makes sense. I know the bonnet badges are available in 80-90mm diameters, but to fit 'flush' within the recess I'd prefer it to be the 70mm OEM version (if one can get them) - if not, likely will go down the route you did.

10 hours ago, Ads230 said:

TL;DRQuery: Does anyone know where to source a Skoda version of the engine cover badge - do they even exist, or are they just rarer than hen's teeth?

Context: Back in the early Covid days of 2020, I had the somewhat misguided idea to paint the boring stock MQB EA88 plastic engine cover as a 'project'. Having had a good experience painting up the the Rieger rear diffuser in matte black (still going strong 4 years later 💪) and buying various plastic & heat friendly paints - whichever was available during the stock shortages - I set to work in early 2021. My final efforts were slightly better than 'amateurish' after several months, with final tidying up completed in late '21. Since then, the clear coat I used has perished - likely due to heat, and looks pretty shoddy - making me cringe every time I lift the bonnet or need to drop it into my local garage 😅

To erase my shame, I've now decided to purchase a new VW Golf R spec MQB engine cover (similar to this), but cannot for the life of me find an original (black plastic) or even aftermarket Skoda replacement of the ~70mm emblem for the engine cover! I can find new Cupra ('carbon-style') refit badges, but nothing with the Skoda logo or even something akin to it or cooler (e.g., Racingline / Revo etc.).

I've Googled for so long on the 'throne' that my legs went numb 🆘 - typically it just comes up with the ubiquitous video of the Skoda badge being removed to find the VW logo underneath 🙄 - now no longer a surprise...

I recognise that in the wider scheme of things, it's a niche request and possibly one many won't care about - but it's a real niggle that I'm keen to get a definitive answer on!

Thanks in advance!

Have you been to a dealer or contact anyone online like Horton Skoda? Or asked breakers on eBay?

I've not been back to a dealer since I bought the car in 2017, nor contacted any of them online either (as in my experience, very few of them have any interest in the supply of non-functional cosmetic-only parts 😕).

That is a good idea re: contacting breakers on eBay 👍 but I was rather hoping for an easier road like "buying from X online" if I'm honest. I will investigate that route in the meantime though, thanks.

• Like 1

I've been doing a bit of research and I think this may be the part no. you are looking for : 3T0103940 . I've looked on the web and the only place I could find offering it for sale is this one: https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3t0103940-skoda-logo-skoda-35045.html . It states that it's the newest design and a genuine Skoda part but they've only got 1 left in stock as I type this. Now I've given you the part no. I personally would try a main dealer or TPS if you've got a trade account with them. Hope this helps you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...