Intermittent rear wiper fault

Pirate76

2011 vrs combi.intermitant fault on rear wiper stops for abit then goes again motor is buzzing too. Today my rear number plate lamps glow when I open tailgate and don't work when I turn lights on and lamp fault on dash,would duff wiper cause this or would it be a wiring fault further back. Both bulbs are OK getting 0 volts when lights on and tailgate shut when open 3.5 volts so bulbs glow abit 

Checked all wiring in tailgate and through the hinge bellows all OK.ive just had  delivery of new wiper motor unit but I'm having an auto electrician check it tomorrow  as I'm sure it's more than just the wiper motor is duff.unless motor earth's though its mounts,have this feeling I've a gremlin 

Ok then I would be checking / looking at the connections on the BCM then for "potential" corrosion / water damage.

its located up under the dash above your knees, if your going to investigate / disconnect it, disconnect the battery FIRST

• 2 weeks later...

Following with interest. I have ghostly electrics too. Though it was partly door loom (as a well known Skoda Easter egg) but actually it's only the RHD window switch that's gone and wires look surprisingly good in comparison to others.

So now narrowing down the location of the majority of other issues, and I also have tailgate irregularities: one plate light doesn't work (changed bulb, still off), rear wiper occasionally just turns itself on for fun, boot intermittently refused to unlock with central locking, and now doesn't at all (though does on lid-pop only button from fob), heated rear window is temperamental etc etc.

BUT there are also other glitches elsewhere, eg 'you've left your lights on' ping is intermittent, interior lights a bit random, audio is a bit dodgy etc.

Does this sound like I should be checking BCM first @UrbanPanzer? Guessing I should be checking the tailgate loom/bellows too anyway... 

Further on with the Saga of rear wiper unit.1st one sent out was or had been dropped bad nasty copy sent back ,2nd I got from Germany even checked vin,sweeped once everytime I started car then died.so slightly better crap copy, 3rd time luck from another UK supplier. Looked OK. Doesn't fit by miles so that's going back and hopefully tomorrow will pick up a so called genuine one from nearest skoda main stealers.£83 plus vodka and ttonic.wiring been checked but i bey it's not right