Crash repair

Morph

Around 13 years ago I purchased a nearly 2 year old Octavia (9000 miles) from a main dealer. When I purchased the car there was a few things that concerned me but it's one of them where I could've been overthinking things. There was and is a permanent liquid stain down the back of the passenger seat and a broken rear air vent amongst other things. I asked the dealer what the provinence of the car was and I was assured it was all above board and came from Skoda to them directly (previous named owner on paperwork) and had all relevant checks for mileage etc.

12 years later I decide to take the rear bumper off to have it resprayed and notice that in the rear quarter there has been some crash repair, noticeable by a seem where the sealant is totally different from factory and that the bump stops are quite a way from sitting where they should do, again with some other things. Would the dealer have known about this and do i have any recourse.

1 hour ago, toot said:

There is not a named driver on a V5.  It is a registered keeper. That can be anyone in a dealerships name. A company, a Motability customer that had on lease.   ? What recourse need there be on a 15 year old car?   2007. WTF.

Calm down mate only asking a question. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, toot said:

What recourse need there be on a 15 year old car?

A full refund plus interest!

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

That would surely entirely depend on the knowledge and competence of staff at the time, and there'd be little to no chance of finding out now.

It's a safe bet though that they would have had little or no knowledge or competence  🤣

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would they have known, maybe.

Can you do anything? After 12yr nope. Plus if you've had 12yr of trouble free motoring then the repair has not materially affected the performance of the car so you don't really have any damages to claim for even if you could now.

I understand that you do feel a bit pee'd off at the dealer though.