Window washer making no noise

Hi all,

Both front and rear window washer making no noise when I try and use it (after freezing weather). 

I took the fuse out and changed it with another fuse (from the fuse box as I don't have any spares yet) but nothing.

Can anyone help? It's still only around 1-2 degrees, should I hold off? It's got plenty of solution in it.

Thanks!

Despite the manual stating window washer system under fuse 44 I think it was it actual fuse in to top right row a micro fuse of 7.5 amp, I had the same issue and changed the top right one and everything worked again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, igrieve said:

Despite the manual stating window washer system under fuse 44 I think it was it actual fuse in to top right row a micro fuse of 7.5 amp, I had the same issue and changed the top right one and everything worked again.

Great thank you, I'll go give that a go just now!

7 minutes ago, igrieve said:

Top right seems to be a 10amp for me?

IMG_20221216_215718.jpg

19 minutes ago, igrieve said:

You can at a pinch use a 10amp in there but I've ha dmy car from new and never changed that fuse before and mine was 7.5.

Have you taken it out  to check if its burnt out?

It doesn't look burnt out 👎 and neither does socket 46 unfortunately. Tried different fuses in both of them and still nothing. Do you know if it's the same pump that does both front and back? Really hoping it's easier to fix than a new pump.

Thank you for your help!

I had identical symptoms to you, wipers working fine but no pump noise from either window and thankfully changing that fuse sorted it for me. I believe its the dual pump system so only the one pump, but I'm not an expert at all on this just going by what I was reading on here from other people having a similar problem

Thanks 

• Like 1

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

I found the Owner's Manual drawing for the fusebox in the engine bay didn't match what was in my wife's car when sorting the wiper arm stalk.

According to to our 2015 Owner's Manual the fusebox in the cabin for a RHD car has top row far right fuse as fuse "22 Front- and rear windscreen wiper system" and bottom row about middle of row fuse "46 Front and rear window washer, operating lever under the steering wheel" - very unhelpfully they don't give amp rating or colour.

Edited by nta16
speeling and stuff
  • Like 2

Update to come in the next few days.... Didn't change the fuse. Temperature came up to 3 degrees today (-8 and -10 pretty much for the last 10 days) and it's now making a noise again although not delivering water. Will leave it to Monday when the temperature remarkably should be 14 degrees and try it then!

• Like 1

Bonkers - the whole thing must have been completely frozen including the motor. All working now - no change of fuse required. 

Just now, B00110908 said:

Bonkers - the whole thing must have been completely frozen including the motor. All working now - no change of fuse required. 

Thank you all!

• Thanks 1

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

The frozen motor not being able to work probably saved the fuse.

All's well that ends well.