Irritating crackling noise in the cabin

Hi all... I know these kind of things are hard to diagnose, especially over the forum so I apologise for the topic. But I am all out of ideas and its really getting irritating so I am hoping someone had a similar issue.

My car is 1.6 octavia hatch (2015), left driving side. 

Problem is: Usually when I start moving (almost always) or accelerate a bit harder (developed this winter), but also over small road bumps (not always), i can hear a crackling sound somewhere around my legs area (if I pinpointed correctly) or steering column. It has been like this for some time now, but never as loud as this winter. Now, at certain times it sounds almost as if someone is pressing on a candy bar wrap.

I thought it might be seat springs (if there are any inside), but when I move on the seat its dead silent. But then again, if i was seat it would not be there over small bumps as well?

I tried moving parts of the trim with my hands, and it cracks as usual, nothing major. I am suspecting the seat somehow, but no idea how to confirm and let alone fix it.

I think it's not suspension because I have that too and that sounds different. I also think it's inside because of the way it sounds... it sounds same as when you ovettigthen the bold and bolt starts making that noise... Not sure how to describe it.. 

Ok so here is an update. I manage to figure out what crackles/squeaks. I did try that part of interior trim before and it was silent. Quite unexpectedly I tried again and now it revealed itself.

It is the bottom part of the center console side panel, see the image. I am yet to figure out two things:

1. Why it actually does that when I take off with the car and how come it started now after having the car for 4 years.

2. How to fix it permanently.

I cannot explain 1. other than vibrations. When I press that part of trim it makes the same noise, but taking of with the car does not or should not make such physical pressure (i made sure my leg is not touching on it). But car makes larger vibrations only over 2k of RPM or driving in too low gear, neither is true for taking off from stand still because by the time i reach over 2k it stops. Its also a mystery why it makes the noise sometimes, but not always. 

I tried taking the plate off and putting some silicon spray. That kinda fixed it for short time, but now its back. I will need to figure out what to stick in there to make it stop. Unless someone has some kind of an idea?

20230101_194953.jpg

• 1 year later...

One year after update - damn squeak still there. There is no thing I have not tried. Various tapes, silicon sprays, cloth....nothing helps. IT does not make any noise during winter time. But as the temperatures start to raise these days where I live, sound is back. It's so damn annoying that I am thinking of pulling this thing out and drive without it. The only concern (a legit one) is that my foot will then be very close to a hot pipes. During summer that thingy gets very very hot... 

What I cannot fathom is that squeak can happen when I accelerate from full stop. How is that there is any or that much movement of these parts to provoke this squeak? I mean, I do need to apply solid pressure with my hand to provoke it. 

I wish I knew. Any potential point of contact I could see I treated with silicon, with heat-resistant tape that has a small layer of foam on it, then also a few other improvisations. I also tried to isolate any friction between that lower trim and upper lighter trim as much as I could without results. So I am at lost at this point. I just don't understand how this happens after years of silence. I understand that squeaks and other similar sounds in a car can develop with time as the materials age or something gets loose. But most often due to constant stress and movement (like door trims). However, in most cases when you find the cause of the issue and tighten the loose part or treat the area with silicon or what not, things get back to normal at least for some time. Not here. And there is nothing that can be loose. Well, anyway, maybe I get lucky and someone who dealt with the same problem reads this thread in the near future. Until then, I will most likely try the same things again and again until it miraculously gets solved.