Sunroofs

Morning, I'm looking at swapping my Octavia vRS for a Superb Sportline Plus. I've seen one that I really like but it has a sunroof, and in true internet style I've read about the horror stories about the sunroof surround cracking. Is this really a "common" thing that should be enough for me to walk on by and wait for one that hasn't got a sunroof that suits to appear?

My Superb is 6¼ years old and the sunroof hasn't given me any problems.  Its been standing outside recently with temperatures of -11C and last summer it was in Italy where it was +35C, so its had lots of various driving conditions that haven't affected it.

Maybe I'm tempting fate and I'll go out today and something'll go wrong!

• Like 1

My six-year-old has been parked outdoors since purchase. The sunroof works fine and is used as often as possible. Just make sure yours is working before purchase.

The only time I ever had trouble with a sunroof was on a 1995 Renault 19, which was routinely parked under a lime tree. The tree sap sealed the roof and the motor broke when I tried to open it. I don't park under trees anymore. 

• Like 1