Skoda superb mk2 FL second high beam LED coding

Hi guys, although the LED H7 i have put in the high beam are canbus, looks like they are not canbus enough and they give error on the dash, but not always, lets say on every 5th engine start..

So I would like to code them. Possible via vcds or I need odis?

Same question for front fog lights..

IMO opinion and experience it's a waste of time using so called CANBUS compliant bulbs on a Superb MK2 you'll just keep getting bulb error codes. You can't code them to the car with any diagnostic equipment as far as I'm aware. The only way you will get LED bulbs not to give error codes is to use inline resistors so the LED's are drawing the same load as OEM bulbs. These resistors get quite hot and somewhat defeat the purpose of using low energy LED's.

This kind of LED bulb with built in resistors will work but the cost is rather expensive compared to the price of a standard feston bulb. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223915296760?epid=28045967395&hash=item34226447f8:g:WDQAAOSwxHRjNBZ7&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8MU27D1F1GBm42eYAPeFJeORja2SBigc7L7L0bR0QAAHt70BilEc6WGQQ%2F1BtzNsIcCzPqPH3O3ylKqIEke%2BYk7FOtGc38YDH6mcPwTFMyimv0Xl8j%2F1lfw8%2B4%2F6D4sAAXwW%2BlPEmXF5OjtKg0mXJiPJ0v1%2B%2F10bb9Meos%2FgjoSZay2Fd56EEWlAipVqeeA6OIHN8A6nIUBQMRNFsPaahp6OgeYODmSalnNuwjWXScu8UzddEu54Jh%2Bn0IebiOVrB1Rr8xSt8fuORpcF3az1Q3fPhdmjfATixbD2XaguLaZfyXmX7WzWeZxMYGcKfXoY8w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBMiIXhnq9h

11 hours ago, Derbyshirebod said:

IMO opinion and experience it's a waste of time using so called CANBUS compliant bulbs on a Superb MK2 you'll just keep getting bulb error codes. You can't code them to the car with any diagnostic equipment as far as I'm aware. The only way you will get LED bulbs not to give error codes is to use inline resistors so the LED's are drawing the same load as OEM bulbs. These resistors get quite hot and somewhat defeat the purpose of using low energy LED's.

If the BCM is new enough to natively support LED's (around MY11/MY12) then it's possible to remove the bulb warning/checks for most bulbs. You'll need to tweak the EEPROM using ODIS-e or VCP but if done correctly, there is no need for load resistors.

When I last checked, there weren't any settings in the lighting section of the EEPROM which would help for main/dipped beams.

On 03/01/2023 at 08:14, djordje48 said:

So I would like to code them. Possible via vcds or I need odis?

Maybe... I've not checked myself but the coding mentioned here might work: https://www.drive2.ru/l/543045770375332499/

On 03/01/2023 at 08:14, djordje48 said:

Same question for front fog lights..

Fog lamps can be done via ODIS-e or VCP if the BCM is new enough. A 2015 BCM should be fine :)

• Thanks 1

Yep. My superb mk2 is from June 2015. Last series of mk2.

Hmmm, I saw bixenon without high additional beam in vcds central electronics 9-long coding helper..

Edited by djordje48
  • Like 1

Thanks !@langers2k

although its foggy and freezing as hell, I went to my superb and forced ot to think it's Yeti😃 No more additional H7 led high beam warning bulb, no more errors in vcds!

A couple of other questions, let me put them here:

-I put led W5W in all 4 door warning lights and pf course there is an error in vcds but not on the dash. How can this be coded?

-Rear DRLs? With Odis?

-I have a chinese multimedia, before that I had bolero with bluettoh. How to shut off the OEM bluetooth module because it always asks for a phone when I start the engine?

Omg, chinese multimedia, I payed 400 euros, it's 8 core and 4 GB RAM with 10 inch screen, it really rocks! I can feel the diference in sound comparing to Bolero!

I don't think there is anything you can do with the door warning lights, just ignore the warning.

Rear DRL can be done with ODIS-e or VCP.

Unplug the OEM bluetooth module, it'll be under a front seat at a guess. You can probably then remove it from the installation list afterwards.

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I installed leds in my main beam, H3 from nighteye, bit fiddly to get them to seat as the clip is other side of bulb not the opening side, but it makes some 300% difference to light output and visibility.

I have xenons already and they have dimmed down quite a bit so im awaiting led d1s bulbs from the net. A tip i learnt was to use a straw with cotton buds sellotaped in the ends then use window cleaner on the cotton buds and clean inside of projector when bulb is out which i will do before installing led d1s. 

Have drop in LED bulbs finally caught up with D1S xenon for brightness?

When I replaced mine around 12 months ago, all of the LED reviews I could find showed that they were actually still not as bright as a good xenon bulb, so I went with a set of Osram Nightbreakers.

But definitely give the inside of the projector a clean as best you can.

I've often thought that with a bit of ingenuity and pipe cleaners I could also clean the outside of the projector lens through the main beam bulb hole.

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2023 at 12:18, langers2k said:

If the BCM is new enough to natively support LED's (around MY11/MY12) then it's possible to remove the bulb warning/checks for most bulbs. You'll need to tweak the EEPROM using ODIS-e or VCP but if done correctly, there is no need for load resistors.

When I last checked, there weren't any settings in the lighting section of the EEPROM which would help for main/dipped beams.

Maybe... I've not checked myself but the coding mentioned here might work: https://www.drive2.ru/l/543045770375332499/

Fog lamps can be done via ODIS-e or VCP if the BCM is new enough. A 2015 BCM should be fine :)

Hello.

1) Are the fog lights on the pre-facelift also available via VCP?
I'm talking about turning off the cold diagnostic.
In vcp pq35 i don't have the option of front fog lights.

2) What cable to read the eeprom ? I have vag k commander but maximum till 2008.