Deleting mpg data

I recency purchased a May  2019 Fabia SEL. I wish to delete the previous owner's mpg data from the infotainment system, but can't find how to do this.  Is it possible?  If so, how? 

Thanks for the quick reply.

I want to avoid, if possible, doing a 'factory reset' & then having to re-enter all my preferences into the system.  Perhaps that's the only way to remove the previous owner's mpg data.  I'll have another search through the menus and screen prompts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, petrolcan said:

What about scrolling to it on the small dash screen and long pressing the scroller to reset?

Thanks.  I'll try that tomorrow. 

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Have a look at the Owner's Manual for the car, on my wife's 2015 it's press the 'CAR' button at side of screen, then 'Selection' virtual button on screen to 'Driving data' and arrows to find 'Long term' driving data, after that I forget as I never use the information as it's too much of a guesstimate for me.  Once you've discovered it's level of accuracy it might be useful as a loose comparison.  As I'm old I just use the old fill to first click of pump, at the next refill  fill to first click and note litres, divide by 4.546 for gallons, then divide gallons into distance for mpg.

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

telulog.jpg

Edited by nta16
ETA: Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nta16 said:

Have a look at the Owner's Manual for the car, on my wife's 2015 it's press the 'CAR' button at side of screen, then 'Selection' virtual button on screen to 'Driving data' and arrows to find 'Long term' driving data, after that I forget as I never use the information as it's too much of a guesstimate for me.  Once you've discovered it's level of accuracy it might be useful as a loose comparison.  As I'm old I just use the old fill to first click of pump, at the next refill  fill to first click and note litres, divide by 4.546 for gallons, then divide gallons into distance for mpg.

https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

/cdn-cgi/mirage/a2719b95c30af0d9f1ee1f6cc2ee3ec4d74a4e351d731f7b6562b06a47cdc89a/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/telulog.jpg.629cca8cdf1f38598d569470b1b933e8.jpg

Thanks for that.  I just wasn't looking carefully enough.  You are correct. I've now deleted the 'long term' mpg data & preserved the 'since start' & 'since refueling' data.  So still have the data from the start of our ownership of the car. 

• Like 1

You might want to do the odd spot check from first click refills to see how accurate the car's fuel consumption figures might be.  With my wife's car it's a bit optimistic on the few times we've compared but I've seen some others put up figures that seem very optimistic to me.  It's always been that some people have some very loose (to illogical) ideas of how to calculate fuel consumption.

If you read the Owner's Manual and refer to it when required you will know more about your car than many long term owners.  The only other thing I know is that you want to prevent the car's battery state of charge from getting low otherwise you can get all sorts of unexpected issues from the computer programs even if the car still starts and the lights seem bright enough and even if you don't get warning messages or lights.

Some short video of useful stuff you might already know but I admit I'd forgotten about a couple of them. - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHH-B9onXpOqdKjFA815CBd7YB4hocem5

Good luck.

2 hours ago, nta16 said:

You might want to do the odd spot check from first click refills to see how accurate the car's fuel consumption figures might be.  With my wife's car it's a bit optimistic on the few times we've compared but I've seen some others put up figures that seem very optimistic to me.  It's always been that some people have some very loose (to illogical) ideas of how to calculate fuel consumption.

If you read the Owner's Manual and refer to it when required you will know more about your car than many long term owners.  The only other thing I know is that you want to prevent the car's battery state of charge from getting low otherwise you can get all sorts of unexpected issues from the computer programs even if the car still starts and the lights seem bright enough and even if you don't get warning messages or lights.

Some short video of useful stuff you might already know but I admit I'd forgotten about a couple of them. - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHH-B9onXpOqdKjFA815CBd7YB4hocem5

Good luck.

I keep records of total mileage & all petrol purchases. Dividing one by the other gives an accurate measure of overall mpg. 

On my last 2 VAG cars this method showed the cars' read-outs to be around 5% optimistic. 

17 minutes ago, philbes said:

I keep records of total mileage & all petrol purchases. Dividing one by the other gives an accurate measure of overall mpg. 

On my last 2 VAG cars this method showed the cars' read-outs to be around 5% optimistic. 

Bizarrely my previous 2003 Superb mk I  was about 3% pessimistic re on board computer. My current 2014 Superb 1.4tsi is more or less spot on re mpg - I compared using Spritmonitor for some time using figures when I filled up but got bored of doing this after a while. However I suspect +/- a few percent is close enough for most people.

Edited by bigjohn

2 hours ago, philbes said:

Yeah that's not bad,  I think the couple of times they were checked on my wife's car they were a bit more than that but not 10% as that would be more easily noticeable and memorable.  I wonder if they get more accurate as less accurate as the car's systems ages.

Just that some people seem to believe anything they see on a computer must be accurate, or the truth, but like much if you take it as a 'gauge' rather than these systems are always-spot-on' then as put it's near enough.