Current Monte Carlo lead time?

Red Rocket

Considering ordering a 1.5 manual. Dealer, who on Friday suggested 4 month lead time, today says computer now showing 52 weeks, though he claims 'he has some ways to reduce that'. Anyone else ordering at the mo and if so what lead time? 

When skoda was doing the 0% in November I asked about the 1.5 and was told it was min of 52 weeks lead time all other engines and trims were about 12 week lead time 

42 minutes ago, Thedod said:

When skoda was doing the 0% in November I asked about the 1.5 and was told it was min of 52 weeks lead time all other engines and trims were about 12 week lead time 

Just spoke to dealer again and confirmed 52 weeks. He had previously said extended lead time was only for dsg.

On 09/01/2023 at 19:51, carefree said:

DSG all the way for the 1.5, I’ll never go back to manual, the DSG is superb.

Yep, I have one, DSG is excellent, can be used as an auto or manual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You push the shift lever to one side for manual operation - then push lever forward to change up, or pull lever back to change down (yes I know, a little counter-intuitive, and one reason I decided against DSG) 

Edited by Warrior193
correction

24 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

You push the shift lever to one side for manual operation - then push lever forward to change up, or pull lever back to change down (yes I know, a little counter-intuitive, and one reason I decided against DSG) 

Why counter intuitive? Up to change up, down to change down?

Not the way I work - 1 to 2, 3 to 4 and 5 to 6 are all pull stick back. If the configuration could have been changed, I would have reconsidered.

I had intended to mostly use DSG in manual mode, and only use auto in traffic.

Edited by Warrior193

14 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

I had a practice this morning and lo and behold we do have a manual box as well thanks to warrior 193 but some markings would have been useful as would an explanation when we bought it new 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sussamb said:

Well it seems right to me. I drove numerous blue light vehicles with the manual side set up that way and found it fine, even when at plus 100mph speeds.

Just me it seems 😆 - I would have preferred it to have been configured like a sequential box - pulling stick back under acceleration and pushing forward under braking. 

• Like 1

Fair enough 😁

15 minutes ago, sandal farm said:

I had a practice this morning and lo and behold we do have a manual box as well thanks to warrior 193 but some markings would have been useful as would an explanation when we bought it new 

Was explained to me by my dealer, it's also in the manual. He even showed me where to clip in the petrol cap when refuelling rather than letting in dangle!

Edited by sussamb
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, sussamb said:

Well it seems right to me. I drove numerous blue light vehicles with the manual side set up that way and found it fine, even when at plus 100mph speeds.

Same here, I drive numerous fire service vehicles with manual option and they feel completely natural.

Edited by carefree
  • Like 1

With a DQ200 DSG some / most will actually change up if you put it in manual 1 and floor it.

With Fabia Twinchargers it was the way to get the quickest sprint time using the manual handbrake and not the foot on the brake pedal.

Boot it until it self shifted into 4th then manual shifts.

Maybe try with Courtesy / Hire cars or somebody else's car if you want to try it.

Often female sales staff or hand over staff are the ones that know, or bother to find out.  Sadly all Sales Staff are not genned up on driving a Skoda even though their perk is one.

They are not that bothered about checking tyre pressures, oil, coolant etc. They expect a warning light or some pleb checks things.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...