Fitting milltek exhaust - tips

Xhuy10nx

Hi all, probably been covered before on at least one post but I'm damned if I can find it. 

I've bought a milltek from a chap about 100 miles away, I'm collecting on Friday. As it happens I have to stay home all day on Monday as I have tradespeople working around the house, so it seems like it will be the best opportunity to swap the home brew scaffold pole straight pipe out for the milltek (bought the car like it, it's not my contraption).

I'm not too bothered about the old exhaust, I'll cut it out with my grinder if I have to, but the milltek has only 2 parts, downpipe (including the decat) and backbox, they seem to join in the middle somewhere.... 

Has anyone got any experience and pointers on how to actually get the milltek fitted on? Also any access pointers on how to get the downpipe off would be appreciated also. Screenshot_20230108-170400.thumb.png.d1c858869c10325bbd3c52617c79f0b2.png

I feared this would be the case, I'm guessing it needs the clearance for weird angles then? 2ft on Ramps isn't going to work like I originally had planned then 😮💨 

I'll have to have a word around and see if I can get access to a ramp for a while

That's ideal to know! I was thinking if it was the rear I'd stick it on stands and drop the axle but if it's the downpipe it's a different conversation, I have acces too both but unfortunately they aren't mine and the guy who owns it is extremely busy with paying customers at the moment 😂 

Tbh I think the downpipe and 'cat' will likely snap apart as it's made of scaffold pole at the moment as it is 😂 but tbh that gives me more reason to get it in the air, I haven't a clue what the hell is going on with it as it's not a proper system. I appreciate the advice hugely mate 👍👍

A genuine Milltek system & downpipe will be in three parts. The downpipe from turbo, through the flexi will end under the drivers feet area roughly. 

The mid section will go from there, and curve round the fuel tank, terminating just over the rear axle join, and the rear box will be just that, the silencer joining just above the rear beam.

They never sold Milltek with a single piece from cat back to tailpipe - how would folks fit it at home?

I suspect what's there isn't a Milltek, close up photos would help.

4 minutes ago, Lofty said:

A genuine Milltek system & downpipe will be in three parts. The downpipe from turbo, through the flexi will end under the drivers feet area roughly. 

The mid section will go from there, and curve round the fuel tank, terminating just over the rear axle join, and the rear box will be just that, the silencer joining just above the rear beam.

They never sold Milltek with a single piece from cat back to tailpipe - how would folks fit it at home?

I suspect what's there isn't a Milltek, close up photos would help.

Hi mate, it's a 2 parter so terminates after the cat