DQ200 DSG Gearbox

Hi All,

How many here drive the 1.2 TSI (90) DSG Fabia's? Do they all have the DQ200 box fitted to them?

I recently bought a JAP 6C Polo that comes with the DQ200 DSG box and currently struggling to adjust to the erratic gear changes.

Basically from 1-4 the gear changes are fine, but from 5-7th Is what makes the drive annoying 😞 So the gearbox will hold gears for 

longer after 4th and you can see the high rev's just waiting for the gear changes. I have gone through VCDS and done a reset of all adaptions and 

basic setting of transmission but I can still feel the gears are held longer. I would be doing 70 mph and the gear box would be sitting between 5th and 6th gear. 
It would barely change to 7th. 

Is this normal? How do you all find the DSG in your 1.2 TSi's?   

Edited by singh946
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gkr47 said:

I had a dq200 in my 1.4 golf and it was faultless and the changes were very smooth.

I think you have a fault

I had a DQ200 box in my 2013 1.6TDI Mk2 Leon and it too was faultless. 

DQ200 is a dry clutch right? So doesn't require a service? 

Edited by singh946

Ok reading on forums it looks like it may be a good idea to do some logging on ABS speed sensor to rule out a faulty one. 

Apparently it can throw the readings out and confuse the dsg gearbox. 

• Like 1

@singh946

When was your car built or even first registered?

Have you had it from new?

There was a service campaign on some produced between 2013 2015.  '34H5', which was a software update, but this was as a preventative measure.

Maybe not applicable with your DQ200.

PS

Did your 2013 Leon get '34H5' carried out. That was only started in 2017.

12 minutes ago, toot said:

@singh946

When was your car built or even first registered?

Have you had it from new?

There was a service campaign on some produced between 2013 2015.  '34H5', which was a software update, but this was as a preventative measure.

Maybe not applicable with your DQ200.

PS

Did your 2013 Leon get '34H5' carried out. That was only started in 2017.

Car is a 2014 model that was imported into the UK last year (not by me). I have just bought it with no service history etc. 

Just been building the service history since owning it. 

Do you reckon VW UK would entertain 34H5 software update? Perhaps I can call them and find out 🤔 

I owned the Leon for 8 months and under my ownership there was no recall work carried out. 

Edited by singh946

'34H5' is part of the proper RECALL started yet again in Australia in 2019,

after the 2012 Recall missed early cars, then the 2014 one did, and i think 2016.

Not sure what interest VW UK would have in paying for anything. 

EDIT. I missed 'China'. or Asia.

In China VW put a 100,000 mile / 10 year warranty on DQ200's in 2012 because of the World Wide Recall. Which excluded Europe.

Europe got Service Campaign '34F7' started in 2014 on 2009-2012 DQ200's.

New Zealand cars got a new MCU fitted. 

So with your 2014 DQ200 now in the UK you are likely on your own.

See both threads in the Mk2 Fabia section started yesterday.

But those are 2010 & 2011 DQ200's that left the factory with Synthetic Oil and will have had the change to Mineral Oil and the Software update.

'34H5' was because of heat and pressure and failings of the accumulator.  There is a Kit for that. 

The issue with your DSG does not sound like that problem.

Edited by toot

5 minutes ago, toot said:

'34H5' is part of the proper RECALL started in Australia in 2019, after the 2012 Recall missed early cars, then the 2014 one did, and i think 2016.

Not sure what interest VW UK would have in paying for anything. 

VW put a 100,000 mile / 10 year warranty on DQ200's in 2012 because of the World Wide Recall. Which excluded Europe.

Europe got Service Campaign '34F7' started in 2014 on 2009-2012 DQ200's.

New Zealand cars got a new MCU fitted. 

So with your 2014 DQ200 now in the UK you are likely on your own.

See both threads in the Mk2 Fabia section started yesterday.

But those are 2010 & 2011 DQ200's that left the factory with Synthetic Oil and will have had the change to Mineral Oil and the Software update.

'34H5' was because of heat and pressure and failings of the accumulator.  There is a Kit for that. 

The issue with your DSG does not sound like that problem.

So I checked on VW Australia for a service call for my Polo and guess what there is a recall 

Service recall - 35E5
Commencement Data - 23/04/2020

Service Campaign/Recall Description - A-Mechatronic unit upper box

Status (Complete or Outstanding) - Outstanding 

I am going to chase the recall with my local dealership and see if they will entertain me. 

• Like 1

@toot

Well not sure if you still interested but looks like the issue is down to the Front left wheel hub. After more logging, it seems the ABS Wheel sensor detects a drop in km/hr down to 30 km/hr even if the rest of 

the wheel sensors are showing more. I ended up replacing the sensor and it reduced the strange drop to 15 km/hr. Gear changes are far better and it shifts smoothly from 1-4 and 5-6. However on the motorway

DSG refuses to go into 7 and even after changing it manually it comes down to 6th 🙄

So the next step am considering changing is wheel bearing or abs sensor ring. 

I may get a second hand entire hub and try it out. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a Fabia 1 vRS myself.

But my Mrs, has recently bought a Polo GTi with the DQ200 DSG gearbox.

Does anyone know how to reset the gearbox with VCDS?

Our car is a UDS type of ECU for the DSG I understand, so the choosing of operation 060 in the guides online from RossTech and the like are irrelevant.

Can anyone talk me through resetting the gearbox, and any other relevant settings via VCDS for the DQ200 bopx please?

Best Regards

Dean

• 1 month later...

Hi all, car rookie here so pls bear with me; I really like Skoda Yetis - there are 2 that i'm looking at buying, the 2012 with 173k kilometers has had the gear box replaced and the other one - a 2015 w 173k on the clock has a service record but there's no mention of it. 2012 has new tyres and RWC (i'm in Australia), 2015 doesn't. My question is -- do the gear boxes always fail? If it isn't mentioned on the service record has it not been done and is fine? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Welcome.

No they do not all fail. 

Are you looking at 1.2 TSI Yeti, FWD, because they have DQ200 DSG,s or 1.8 TSI if not AWD, or 1.6 TDI,s,   2.0 litre TDI or TSI do not.

There was a Recall in Australia in 2012 to do the Service Campaign '34F7' on cars 2009-2012.  Synthetic Oil changed to mineral.

Then a Recall on ones 2013-2016, repeated 3 times now.

So any DQ200 DSG should really have had that recall actions.

DQ250 Wet Clutch DSG require Oil & Filter changes every 40,000 miles or sooner and the Haldex a clean out and oil change every 30,000 miles / 3 years or sooner.