fabia mk 1 mpi 1.4 classic door buzzer / interior light not working ( non central locking model )

JON17

Fabia mk 1 2002 classic door LIGHT ON buzzer / interior light not working ( non central locking model )  is this the micro switch that's failed ? like the ones fitted to the cars with central locking ? or is it completely different ? 

Thanks any help would be great 

Edited by JON17
adding more information

• JON17 changed the title to fabia mk 1 mpi 1.4 classic door buzzer / interior light not working ( non central locking model )

Just note that the 10th character of your VIN needs to be checked, the above is for a 2 value as there was a change in August 2002, if not you need an earlier wiring diagram from 1999-2002 (before August)

Mentioned in case you check the wiring and it looks different to the above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JON17 said:

Hi I can find out later I am away from the car currently it's officially my son's but I fix it and use it more than him lol

S0053210020-Basic_equipment_-_FABIA__As_of__August_1999.pdf

S0053240020-Basic_equipment_-_FABIA__As_of__August_2002.pdf

Are the two diagrams, hence the check.

Pages from S0053210020-Basic_equipment_-_FABIA__As_of__August_1999.pdf

• Like 1

I have the vaguest of memories that the door open switch might be of the more traditional plunger-switch in hinge area on the non-C/L cars.

The locks certainly look different, I think this is the latest revision for rhd drivers door: https://www.stevensvwspares.com/vw-lupo-door-lock-mechanism/drivers-side-front-door-lock-catch-manual

Struggling to find 360-degree views of one, on phone. 

@varooom, can you perhaps do better?

I seem to think this came up before and the conclusion was either that there are no electrical connections to these manual locks, or just a two-way. Can't remember which, but can't see one in that StevensVW pic.

Basically what I wanted to know before I took the door apart was is there a micro switch in the door lock ( I gather it's a common fault on the central locking door fabia's ) and I didn't know if it's the Same on non central cars like mine and I couldn't see a plunger style switch anywhere on the door when I took a quick look 

3 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I have the vaguest of memories that the door open switch might be of the more traditional plunger-switch in hinge area on the non-C/L cars.

The locks certainly look different, I think this is the latest revision for rhd drivers door: https://www.stevensvwspares.com/vw-lupo-door-lock-mechanism/drivers-side-front-door-lock-catch-manual

Struggling to find 360-degree views of one, on phone. 

@varooom, can you perhaps do better?

I seem to think this came up before and the conclusion was either that there are no electrical connections to these manual locks, or just a two-way. Can't remember which, but can't see one in that StevensVW pic.

I can see the plug socket....

erg.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JON17 said:

Looks like it plugs into a non replaceable part shame 

The locks can be taken apart and new microswitches fitted if you have the skills. Done mine.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

The locks can be taken apart and new microswitches fitted if you have the skills. Done mine.

Was it a non central locking car ?

23 minutes ago, JON17 said:

Was it a non central locking car ?

No, I think the switch might be inside the lock on non CL cars, not clipped to the outside of the lock body like the CL ones. Probably be just as easy to get a new lock.

Edited by TMB