What percentage of Skoda superb's with panoramic roofs goes faulty? Please answer

Welcome to the forum. 

You will get numbers, you can not get a percentage.

Even Skoda / VW would not know how many failures there under warranty, probably not even know how many vehicles they have produced with them.

That is because ever taken to task / court they can claim just a few, small numbers, nothing to do with design, manufacturing or materials.

Not just Superb's from that generation have issues with Panoramic Roofs. even near new recent models.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/476259-skoda-superb-panoramic-sunroof-a-cautionary-tale

Then plenty models with sun roofs over the decades with leaks.

How many owners / keepers service the roofs?

Edited by toot

Yes, mine rattled/creaked and had the frame replaced around year 3 which improved it but not 100%, still creaked a bit.

It's also leaked when the drains blocked up, but I was aware this could happen and am now aware the dealers usually don't bother to complete the service item to clear the drains.  I DIY it now annually.

Now at year 10 the rubber is getting hard, brittle and flaky so we don't open it any more.  That may be a regional thing, the Australia sun is harsh.

It was a key reason why I didn't get a sunroof in the Kodiaq; the reputation of VW sunroofs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2012 L&K  panoramic sun roof no issues until 2022 after heavy snow , being away for the weekend went to open car with key fob , roof opened for no apparent reason , not the long press that opens all windows and roof .The car had a couple of inches of water in every footwell. Bailed it out manually closed sun roof ,checked roof drains rear were ok front both sides were kinked almost flat where they attached to rubber grommet drain outlet removed plugs from sunroof an blind switch removed fuses .Took car to vinyl wrapping company had a 2 inch vinyl strip covering all sunroof seals .Still have water ingress with heavy rain coming through passenger side just above bonnet release lever Yet to solve this .also happened  to my friends ,Toureg pan roof .

• 1 month later...