Leon-y-k

Hello' date='

I've just placed an order for my new Fabia VRS but before ordering was shocked to learn that Fabia was being ceased in Dec 2006 for a new Model. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabia)

I contacted Skoda HQ to get confirmaton and to when a new VRS version would be available, Ondrej Tomsu from Customer Care promptly replied with the following response

Could this be the end of the Fabia VRS??

Hope Not!!

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Andy

There will surely be new Fabia RS! Most probably gas turbo cca 170HP. Staggered launch means hatch at the beginning of 2007, combi half a year later and RS another at least half a year.

There will surely be new Fabia RS! Most probably gas turbo cca 170HP. Staggered launch means hatch at the beginning of 2007, combi half a year later and RS another at least half a year. [/size']

That's what all us dealers have been told

• 2 weeks later...
I've just placed a factory order for 2 Octavia vRS 170 TDi's today - Should be here in about 8 weeks......Can't wait!

Sorry, please could you repeat that - you've just ordered a what :D ?

I'm two weeks short of ordering an Elegance with sports suspension, but a TDi vRS would be exactly what I need! 60 miles a day commute, 2 kids etc.....

Any more info?!

Rich.

Hi all

I was informed today by my Skoda dealer today that the planned change from Sahara to Cappuccino beige for Octavias was not going ahead (at least for the time being?) and that if I order my (wife's) favourite sahara beige, that's what we will get. Must say that the pictures that I've seen of the cappuccino beige look look a bit too greyish for my liking and I'd much prefer the Sahara.

Has anyone else heard this news?

Sam

as far as i know, sahara run out at the end of april. capuccino is now normally running (unless they restrict it for some markets due to high demand) and available so only sahara you can get now is a stock car. yes, capuccino is more into gray/dark silver

I Hope its not true as I wanted Sahara but told not available so I went for Highland Green, will be dissapointed But I am sure my octy Estate will make up for it,as it is now with the dealer

• 5 months later...
The Czech language brochure for the 2007 model year cars lets slip that they're stopping making the Fabia hatch in December this year (to make way for the new one)

They're gonna carry on making the saloon and combi, but this means we should expect to see the new Fabia at the Paris Motorshow this year or Frankfurt next spring.

If you go to Skoda Auto - Welcome to Skoda Auto Homepage there is some stuff about the new Fabia, inc pics, and it will premier at the Geneva motor show in March.

AC

Are the PTB brian dead, or do they have some ulterior motive?

In the niche market Skoda is the wrinkly brand (I am one) we want convenience and economy ie an automatic diesel. The 1.9 TDi is strong enough to power the new Octavia and the DSG is a revelation that offers sparkling performance and great fuel consumption.

Do they really want me to buy a Golf rather than a Skoda?:mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New Fabia is going to be only 6-speed classical automatic without manual mode. So no Tiptronic, no DSG. Coupled with gas engine 1.6 105 bhp. Premiere of hatch at Geneva.
Sorrrrrrry!!! the automatic IS tiptronic!!! Saw in geneva and checked afterwards...