Daylight Robbery!

Just returned home from a 'secure' carpark to discover that some thieving ragbag has pinched all 5 wheel nut covers on my nearside front wheel:eek:

They were there when I washed it this afternoon and now they are no more:(

Couple of questions arise:

Where is the best place to get replacements? Anyone know what size they are (superb elegance 03 plate)?

Presumably I'll need to buy all 20 so they match:cool: +:(

Any opinions gratefully received.

Can't help you with nut covers but I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I noticed that some thieving g*t had nicked all four of the extended dust covers from my tyre valves. Must have been desperate.

Just returned home from a 'secure' carpark to discover that some thieving ragbag has pinched all 5 wheel nut covers on my nearside front wheel:eek:

They were there when I washed it this afternoon and now they are no more:(

Couple of questions arise:

Where is the best place to get replacements? Anyone know what size they are (superb elegance 03 plate)?

Presumably I'll need to buy all 20 so they match:cool: +:(

Any opinions gratefully received.

Sorry to hear that mate!!

They are pretty cheap from the dealers as I had to buy some recently when I put my spacers on. Don't worry about the colour matching as they fade quickly when the brake dust gets on them!!

If you need part numbers then I can give you some from ETKA?

Hi all

Many thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated!

Dealer initially said that caps were only available in black then discovered something called 'melange'. Had to get out the big dictionary for that one to discover it is 17th Century French!!! It means 'mixture'. Dealer thought that might be a kind of grey so we have opted for that and they should arrive Friday.

As a slight aside, you may want to get some good locking wheel nuts on your car. (McGuard etc)

I have seen this done where people take the caps and take a mould of the locking wheel nut using something soft. They then come back when the car is in the car park again and nick the wheels. IIRC the superb has nice big wheels which wouuld look good on a ricer mobile with the badges popped out :(

A determined thief will merely have one of those locking nut removal tools that the likes of Snap-on do - I think them taking a mould and getting a cast made is a little too much effort.

I recently lost some of my audi caps, and was pleasantly surprised that my audi dealer only wanted 28p a cap :thumbup:

As a slight aside' date=' you may want to get some good locking wheel nuts on your car. (McGuard etc)

I have seen this done where people take the caps and take a mould of the locking wheel nut using something soft. They then come back when the car is in the car park again and nick the wheels. IIRC the superb has nice big wheels which wouuld look good on a ricer mobile with the badges popped out :([/quote']

Now you really are trying to scare the wits out of me:eek:

The unlocking nut (standard skoda part?) is round but it has about 20+ ridges on it. I think that anyone determined to nick the splendid alloys would have one of these little things in their pockets rather than try and make a mould.

Incidentally, I kinda hope the alarm might go off if some ned/nedette tried to jack it up.

As a precaution, I'll ask my mother-in-law to live in the car for the duration of the threat:rofl: I'll even let her have a little drinkie out of the on board'mini-bar':cool:

I think that people are getting carried away here.

If someone wants your wheels then they will nick them, simple.....you can put whatever you like on the wheels to prevent theft but they will always know how to get around it!!

Only this morning on the news, a report stated that Car Crime has reduced drastically with the current 'New Car' security.

On a side note, I doubt that many people will want to steal 'Skoda' alloys, IMO!!

Can't help you with nut covers but I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I noticed that some thieving g*t had nicked all four of the extended dust covers from my tyre valves. Must have been desperate.

i had my green valve caps robbed from a tesco car park in Mold on saturday

i would stake the place out this saturday

but the valve caps only cost a

Pedants Corner : It's Daylight theft, not daylight robbery. Unless you were put in fear of immediate unlawful violence at the time of the theft.

Hope you get the covers replaced. I need a couple of these as well for't Octy. How much?

Skoda alloys are only skoda until you pop the central cap out, then they are unbranded.

As for the comment, was just stating what had happened to somebody i knew. The skoda wheel nut I was told is supposed to be different for each car, but who knows. A tyre fitter said to me they can blast the standard ones off with an airgun, but that the McGuard ones have a spinning surround to stop it happening, so you actually need the key.

Point was just that for under £50 I think it's a worthwhile investment :)

Just an update, starting with the good news.....

Dealer called this morning to say pack of 5 covers were available for collection. The part no is 867 601 173 Mel (a light grey colour). 30 mile round trip to collect them but they only cost me

Just an update, starting with the good news.....

Dealer called this morning to say pack of 5 covers were available for collection. The part no is 867 601 173 Mel (a light grey colour). 30 mile round trip to collect them but they only cost me

Theiving gits are everywhere. Did have alloy dust caps, but three disappeared weds night, the fourth was on v tight. Left the car yesterday for an hour and the fourth disappeared. So glad I bought the place where I had these nicked only three weeks ago.

Yes mate' date=' as I stated previously, I have access to the parts catalogue and there are two different part numbers for the locking and non locking bolt cap.

Surely the dealer would have asked you this? Obviously not?[/quote']

Alas, he bl**dy well didn't:finger: And he claimed these were the only ones in his parts catalogue:finger: :finger:

Baker21, if you have the part number for the locking nut cap (the round one) then I would be most grateful. :thumbup: I'll go to another Skoda dealer - 30 miles in the other direction - and hopefully order them there.

Thanks for your help

Alas' date=' he bl**dy well didn't:finger: And he claimed these were the only ones in his parts catalogue:finger: :finger:

Baker21, if you have the part number for the locking nut cap (the round one) then I would be most grateful. :thumbup: I'll go to another Skoda dealer - 30 miles in the other direction - and hopefully order them there.

Thanks for your help[/quote']

I will check out the part numbers tonight mate and reply to this thread when I get home after work? That OK?

I will check out the part numbers tonight mate and reply to this thread when I get home after work? That OK?

You are a scholar and a gentleman.:thumbup: Wish I could email you a pint.

You are a scholar and a gentleman.:thumbup: Wish I could email you a pint.

No worries mate, that's what forums are all about!!

I'm off to get some rubber for my 19's now, respond to this thread later.

Think yourself lucky it was only wheel nut covers.

Some underground car parks under apartment buildings in Dublin are becoming a place where people wake up and find that their car has been stripped of parts overnight by obvious professionals. This can usually be parts to order and nobody takes responsibility.

Eddie

Any luck with the part number? Don't worry if it is not immediately to hand or will give you any hassle. I've found 2 other skoda dealers within a 30 mile radius and will try and pick their brains on Thursday.

Cheers

Any luck with the part number? Don't worry if it is not immediately to hand or will give you any hassle. I've found 2 other skoda dealers within a 30 mile radius and will try and pick their brains on Thursday.

Cheers

I apologise mate, completely forgot!!

I have written myself a note and I will check and reply after work tonight.

Sorry!!