New car

Jasethekaroq

The time has come. Nearly 3 years of 2.0tsi sportline due to end as on PCP agreement. Test drove 1.5 Tsi dsg. Was satisfied with performance compared to owning  187bhp Tsi. Fuel economy was much better despite my best efforts during test drive! Had to make decision. Ordered 1.5 dsg in velvet red. Losing Canton and some bhp but think I've made the right decision. 14 weeks to wait. 

Amazed at 14 weeks delivery for factory order

But maybe there is a priority for PCP at current high interest rates

I have just tried a Sportline on Skoda finance calculator

Price £32,860

Total payable £38,760

so are being charged whopping £5890 to do a PCP

https://finance.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/

so VW Group probably making extra £3-4k on finance over what it costs them, no wonder seems to be quick order

9 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Velvet Red is lovely.

I’ve enjoyed it for 3 years, but as Skoda are charging £1,000+ for Red on a Kodiaq now, I’m going for FOC blue on the incoming replacement.

Yep, my wife has a Karoq and I have a Kamiq, both in the FOC Blue. Never seen the point of paying for paint!

@Jasethekaroq I’m also waiting on delivery of my SportLine, it’s been made and is awaiting shipping so mine will have been somewhere between 14-15 weeks since time of order, so not too bad looking at some of the other model wait times. Glad I managed to order when there was a PCP event was running at 0% looking at current rates though 😳

I’m curious how you found the standard sound system after being used to the Canton set up? There was no option for the Canton when I ordered and believe there still isn’t, did you notice much difference during the test drive?

My aim was to pay no more money per month and use value in current car with deposit contribution from Skoda. This was successful. Canton is fab. Standard system sounds rubbish in comparison ( no bass. Tinny) but I appreciate I was lucky to have Canton anyway. Not a deal breaker but I will really miss it. Not the worst problem to have🤣. Is not available to order.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jasethekaroq said:

Standard system sounds rubbish in comparison ( no bass. Tinny)

Oh bu&&er! 😆

I’m not expecting high end sound but our Focus with standard 6 speaker sound system sounds surprisingly good for what it is and I’m hoping it at least compares well to that.

Good to hear that you’ve chosen another Karoq, I’m assuming you’ve been pleased with your current one to date 👍

9 minutes ago, Modders said:

Oh bu&&er! 😆

I’m not expecting high end sound but our Focus with standard 6 speaker sound system sounds surprisingly good for what it is and I’m hoping it at least compares well to that.

Good to hear that you’ve chosen another Karoq, I’m assuming you’ve been pleased with your current one to date 👍

It is. I've just sold my Focus and bought a Kamiq, my wife has a Karoq, sound systems in both as good as the Focus 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sussamb said:

…sound systems in both as good as the Focus

Thanks for confirming that, if it matches the sound in the Focus I’ll be happy with that, cheers 😊

Am in pleased with karoq. Wanted a sportline kodiaq but realistically can't afford it. Octavia vrs was more money also. I would honestly say the sound in normal karoq matches the system in my wife's focus(snap!). The focus has slightly more bass though. 

• Like 1

This will be my first Škoda, had a few VW’s 30-odd years ago and a Transporter about 10 years ago so looking forward to picking it up.

I originally went looking for, and test drove, an Octavia but my wife fell in love with the Karoq, turned into an expensive day that visit to the dealers… 😂

• Like 1