Replacing Infotainment system

Inon

Hi all,

Apologies if this topic already replied, i have search but couldn't find an answer.

I have 2016 Rapid 1.2 Styles  I would like to replace the current infotainment system with a new one that support in app applications, apple play etc and a rear camera.

Appreciate if you can advise the most suitable system that will Integrate properly.

Thank you all in advanced.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There's a few threads on here where people have discussed swapping the HU. There's also an ICE forum where you may get more help. You have actually posted in the Guides section which is for people who want to share step-by-step instructions on how to do things. You can ask a mod to move it into the main forum? 

I swapped from Swing to Columbus and put a guide together HERE.

Edited by DunDunFather

I asked the same question and come to the conclusion. I already have updated maps for the RNS 315, a bit clunky but it works. Would prefer Waze or Google maps on the screen for the very limited times I need navigation. The music side of things, well that works via Bluetooth anyways (Spotify, Deezer) etc, so what's the point. I'd have to plug  in if I could got an Android Auto/CarPlay capable unit which I did have going spare from another car. I've sold that head unit now.

It would also cost more to keep the in display (MFD) functionality if that's a thing you'd want to keep.

Edited by MickA

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Sony unit, having recently fitted the old model of this: https://caraudiosecurity.com/xav-ax8150-8-95-dab-media-receiver-with-weblink-cast

With the facia and trim - around another £40 and £60ish for the steering wheel remote control, it's not cheap but well worth the handiness and vastly superior to the Chinese cheapies.

Excuse the dirty pics of the boot - it's a working car and I'm a Spark by trade. I hope to get a build thread up soon.

IMG_20230719_114928626.jpg

Screenshot_20230730-183756.png