After market tow bar

rafmike

Can an after market tow bar be fitted to an Octavia Mk iv?   I accept that it won’t have all the bells and whistles of a factory fitted one but after a disaster a few years ago with an overly ripe bag of lawn mower clippings I refuse to carry garden waste to the tip inside my car, so we use a small 102 trailer.  Apart from that we have several yuccas and annual maintenance would shred the inside of the car.   I’m prepared to buy a (very) recent used Octty or, preferably garage stock but it must have a tow bar.

On 12/08/2022 at 14:29, globalste said:

Hi Mate

Yes all fitted and working well, the guys who did it really know their stuff, no active cruise control issues like a lot of people seem to get from bad/poor quality coding.  It has the full wiring including reversing lights which is a new EU thing for trailers (apparently).

If you have a sportline then it has to be the Westfalia one, nothing else will fit due to the way it attaches underneath the bumper.  On that basis, I'd probably only choose the westfalia one as the others are obviously a bit weird.

This guy got his done and that spurred me to get mine too. Mine went completely straight forward. Mark 4 iV estate for a bike carrier. No errors, no issues. Very pleased. I’m not a boat or caravan man so for me, despite VIN  plate not having a towing weight I’m sorted

Some didnt have a weight plate on the V5 but it was a small batch.  If you have a sportline then I suggest going for a Westfalia.  Coding a year ago could be hit-and-miss as Skoda were sending out the wrong data to dealerships and it wasn't coding all of the boxes.  

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/505058-detachable-towbar-on-a-sportline-being-today-iv-combi/

Just popped into my (nearly) local Skoda dealer 20 miles away lo and behold one occty Mkiv 2ltr graphite grey just sitting there.  No tow bar fitted, of course, had a word with the salesman he’s going to have the Skoda recommended tow bar fitted, picking it up on 1st March.  In today’s climate I’m thinking of applying to the Guinness Book of Records this has got to be a world record, first seen to bought with the bits I wanted 30 mins.  Plus it was the first day of Skoda giving £500 of free fuel, it was just my day.

Edited by rafmike

• 1 month later...

hello, for a great price i ve found OEM tow bar in great condition (like new)

My RS is mark as pre equipped for tow bar so i need the module or he s already installed ? same about the wiring to the switch (this one i need founding one) ?

20230315_181955.jpg

Edited by zorglub