1.6tdi swap to 2L

2 hours ago, thymaw88 said:

Has anyone engine swapped a 1.6tdi to a 2L? looking for advice. My superb mk3 is on 220k now and i really dont want to get rid of it just want to know if its worth doing a swap.

T.I.A

Only by buying a different car. HTH.

3 hours ago, toot said:

@thymaw88

Welcome to the forum.

Are you intending doing the swap or have others do it, and are they to source a suitable engine? 

over 31,000 miles a year on your car is quite impressive.  Is the engine now expiring? 

Thanks for the welcome and message.

I would be doing it all with hopefully help from a mechanic freind.

Im not doing 31,000 miles a year ive only owned the car since August 22. It is my first car, an ex taxi i know it wasnt the smartest choice. But its great spec and all felt tight when i bought it, but couple months down the line the clutch and gear box both feel a good bit worn. 

• Thanks 1

I'd stick to investigating the clutch & gearbox issues first.

I hate to think what electrical tech would need to be amended/upgraded/swapped-out/rewired/coded to go from a 1.6 to a 2ltr engine. I found changing the battery painful enough.

• Like 2