5E5061109 Boot Storage Tray Fitting Confusion

So finally managed to source one of these things for some extra boot organisation.
The fitting instructions indicate that a couple of flat springs and clips need to be installed.
However I didn't see an obvious place to fit them and the tray itself seemed to just slot into place and remained secured by some sort of detent in the end of the rails the tray fits in anyway.
Is this something I need to worry about? Am I missing something obvious or are the extra parts unnecessary in the later revisions of the Octy?

2 minutes ago, ords said:

Are these instructions different from the one's you have?

5E5-061-109-MN-0142-1.pdf 2.33 MB · 1 download

No. They are exactly the same. Tray seems secure enough. A search shows an older thread about the fitting and suggests I need to take some side panels out? Which is slightly concerning. As I said though, the tray seems secure enough at the moment. Anyone who wants to advise otherwise please let me know. 

Had this exact issue re: confusion around those clips, and after about 20 minutes of feeling stupid because I couldn't work it out, I caved and just 'resistance-fit' the tray in place with the addition of some duct tape to make it fit more snugly. 

It was an ugly 'solution' but it was in place for 3.5 years without issue, until I cracked the plastic tray putting a bike on it and as a result it started to buckle / bow in the middle and slip out of the slots both sides.

You can keep them in place as standard but also 'reverse-wrap' some hooked bungies from the anchor points on the boot floor up and over each side of the tray, so that it's effectively pulled towards the rear seats for added security. Takes at least 80% less time to do that than the overly-complex solution Skoda have gone for as OEM 😅

57 minutes ago, Ads230 said:

Had this exact issue re: confusion around those clips, and after about 20 minutes of feeling stupid because I couldn't work it out, I caved and just 'resistance-fit' the tray in place with the addition of some duct tape to make it fit more snugly. 

I will probably go with the duct tape.

How exactly is the OEM solution meant to work anyway? 

4 hours ago, hhcd80 said:

So finally managed to source one of these things for some extra boot organisation.
The fitting instructions indicate that a couple of flat springs and clips need to be installed.
However I didn't see an obvious place to fit them and the tray itself seemed to just slot into place and remained secured by some sort of detent in the end of the rails the tray fits in anyway.
Is this something I need to worry about? Am I missing something obvious or are the extra parts unnecessary in the later revisions of the Octy?

Are these compatible with the hatchbacks or just the estate mkIII?