Thermostat issue?

MattyS

I’ve bought another mk1 about a month ago and it seems to have an issue getting Upto temperature on the gauge. I’ve seen a lot of posts in here about it being the temperature sensor so I’ve replaced that, as well as swapping over the thermostat from my other fabia which works fine and still no luck. It gets Upto about 80 degrees then just sits there, it’ll get Upto 90 if you’re driving for a long time but even after my 40 minute commute it’s still usually not Upto 90, any ideas? Thanks 

Check with VCDS or similarly capable interrogator what the temperature seen by engine ECU really is. Might be that someone has had gauge needles off and mispositioned on replacement. Easily done.

Oil temp readout may give some clues if available and VCDS isn't;  though it will not be directly equivalent.