Removal of Fabia 3 washer jet nozzles from water hose for cleaning.

Hello,

Advice please, I want to disconnect a nozzle from the fitting attached to the hose. The nozzle body has a spigot with an undercut diameter to prevent the hose coming loose.

The connector is a white plastic elbow with a black collar.

I doubt it just pulls off, but I cannot see an obvious way for detachment.

Obviously I didn’t want to break anything so need to know the correct way.

It also has a heating element, this I think just needs pinching of the connector block for removal.

Anyone know when the heating nozzle heats up?

Really grateful for any help. (2019 Fabia SEL)

Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

Apparently it's a matter of a turn.  See video that follows.  ETA: wrong video, for a 2019 Fabia at least, so removed.

I'm curious why you might on a three year old car need to clean the inside of the washer system, what's been used as washer fluid as I'd have thought most debris would be on the outside of the washer jets unless the car has been standing or washers not used for a long time when in my experience you can get a snot like gel in the fluid mixture.

In particularly this could weather I'd not be touching any bits of plastic unless I really had to, and in warmer weather I'd be reluctant and very careful. 

Hope this video helps, (ETA: it didn't so removed) first one I found but it is a VW and still with fantastic-plastic, as no doubt(?) the Bentleys too. - 

Edited by nta16
ETA:
  • Like 1

I'll be honest I'd have not thought of it but then I struggle with all the plastic wire connectors on modern cars.

Be interested to know when you find out as we live in a fairly hard water area and don't use premixed washer fluid.

Some advice, don't let the car battery get low in charge as even if the car starts and the lights seem bright enough and there are no warning lights or messages yet the car battery can still be too low for the computers and they can throw up all sorts of unexpected issues.  Depending on the car, and battery, use some owners find they need to use an appropriate battery charger and maintainer as a repair or occasional preventative measure.

Just for future, you can add details to your name thingy (no idea what it's called) at the lhs of posts to perhaps save having to repeat the details in future posts as in my example here. -

nameplate.jpg.34606dcdcb8e6b3e7907e2235a4d394d.jpg

Here we go again, a person asks a very specific question about removing a washer nozzle from the pipe and ends up with a sermon about battery charging.

This has to be some sort of a crazy bet or competition that you have going.

On 25/02/2023 at 07:59, borthwicks@btin said:

Hello,

Advice please, I want to disconnect a nozzle from the fitting attached to the hose. The nozzle body has a spigot with an undercut diameter to prevent the hose coming loose.

The connector is a white plastic elbow with a black collar.

I doubt it just pulls off, but I cannot see an obvious way for detachment.

Obviously I didn’t want to break anything so need to know the correct way.

It also has a heating element, this I think just needs pinching of the connector block for removal.

Anyone know when the heating nozzle heats up?

Really grateful for any help. (2019 Fabia SEL)

The video posted was not the correct one for my Fabia 3 2019.

I stumbled on the solution which is that the elbow is secured with a split black plastic collar. Detachment just means putting a fingernail in the split and prising it open simultaneously gently pulling on the nozzle. Easy when you know how! The heated electric connection has a sprung clip which is easily removed. Hope this helps someone.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, nta16 said:

Apparently it's a matter of a turn.  See video that follows.

I'm curious why you might on a three year old car need to clean the inside of the washer system, what's been used as washer fluid as I'd have thought most debris would be on the outside of the washer jets unless the car has been standing or washers not used for a long time when in my experience you can get a snot like gel in the fluid mixture.

In particularly this could weather I'd not be touching any bits of plastic unless I really had to, and in warmer weather I'd be reluctant and very careful. 

Hope this video helps, first one I found but it is a VW  and still with fantastic-plastic, as no doubt(?) the Bentleys too. - 

The nozzle is made from POM plastic which is an engineering grade, and very durable. Able to withstand very cold temperatures.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, borthwicks@btin said:

The video posted was not the correct one for my Fabia 3 2019.

I stumbled on the solution which is that the elbow is secured with a split black plastic collar. Detachment just means putting a fingernail in the split and prising it open simultaneously gently pulling on the nozzle. Easy when you know how! The heated electric connection has a sprung clip which is easily removed. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for reporting back, I'll remove that video.  Always difficult to see black on black.  Any idea what caused the blockage?

1 hour ago, borthwicks@btin said:

The nozzle is made from POM plastic which is an engineering grade, and very durable. Able to withstand very cold temperatures.

Good to know, very fantastic plastic then, thanks.