Mileage error message

pmc83

Please can someone help. 

I have a mk2 skoda octavia vrs diesel (dsg)  model. 

3 needles stopped illuminating on my instrument cluster. I removed the cluster and sent it off to be repaired. 

It came back a few days later, I reinstalled it.

Everything is in full working order, I'm very happy with the repair work. 

But now I have noticed every time I turn the ignition on I get an error message where my mileage should be displayed.

When I start the car this message disappears and my mileage reappears. 

Please can someone help or give any advice or a solution to fix the problem.

This is really frustrating as it never did this before. 

Many thanks

Thanks. 

Yes I will ring them, but I'm not sure they will be able to help as I think the message will only show when the instrument cluster is plugged into the car.

I'm guessing they just plug it into a test bench. 

The place I sent it to is called Cartronix.

http://Cartronix.co.uk

12 hours ago, pmc83 said:

Thanks. 

Yes I will ring them, but I'm not sure they will be able to help as I think the message will only show when the instrument cluster is plugged into the car.

I'm guessing they just plug it into a test bench. 

The place I sent it to is called Cartronix.

http://Cartronix.co.uk

I see them mentioned in a few posts. They presumably know what they're doing. And they've repaired your cluster so that's great..  But, although I don't have any detail knowledge of the cluster mileage validation, and I am totally speculating as the issue has arisen for the first time on re-installation,  it sounds like what ever they did to repair the cluster has upset the mileage validation routine.  I'd be pretty hopeful they will have come across it before and know how to resolve it.  Otherwise you will be searching the internet for cluster mileage fixes,  on the dark side,  with the type of car dealer that sells a 160k mile car, as a 60k mile car! Even though, you are just trying to fix an error rather than clocking the car!