New buyer looking for missing history

baldind

Hi I am looking at a used Yeti, spec is good, but its missing history, nothing - just some online mot printouts. 

I thought id post on here to see if anyone can help or knows the previous owners? 

Thanks - long shot i know.... 

David 

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 18.14.48.png

Dealer selling it was ex škoda and he said they had no record of it so if it has been looked after it's been local garages. Previous owner passed away and they couldn't find records. 

David 

It's quite a unique spec, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Welcome to the forum.

?

What is unique about it.

How many previous keepers were there the pre deceased one?

Ask a Current Skoda Dealer or Skoda Customer services for the history that there is on the system just incase they do have some. 

So a 1.2 TSI.   

Is it a manual or DSG? 

Not much gets done or is recommended / given as guidance,

over and above Oil & Filter changes, Brake Fluid at 3 years & then each 2 years.

Spark Plugs @ 4 years /40,000 miles.

Pollen / Cabin Filter.

Air Filter  and checks / inspections. 

EDIT.  OK, 61,500 mile and a manual. 

Screenshot 2023-03-03 19.29.37.png

Screenshot 2023-03-03 19.34.03.png

Edited by toot

1 hour ago, Urrell said:

If it has been serviced by Skoda they will have records and give you a printout.

42 minutes ago, baldind said:

Dealer selling it was ex škoda and he said they had no record of it

I suspect that if Ex Skoda he will have no Skoda records available to them
Have you asked a Skoda Garage?

Thanks for all your replies. Ill see if i can get any location history on the MOTs with the V5C document then go from there. The garages that did the MOTs might even have done the work. Ir at least ill be able to find the nearest likely dealer to the previous owners.

You dont see many Gobi interiors with that grey combo in my price range. Hence the interest. 

Appreciate your help everyone :)

David  

@baldind

What are you looking for a record of the timing belt replaced and spark plugs replaced?

If no record then they need doing at some point, maybe sooner than later.

Other servicing is just normal annual stuff.

Look at the pollen filter and the air filter and see if they have been replaced any time recently. 

?

When it needed tyres were they quality ones that were fitted?

I take it new dampers were fitted, and i would expect new brake pads sometime in the past year. 

Do they look OK?

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 10.34.00.jpg

Edited by toot

That is the Elegance spec. same as mine and I am well chuffed with it.

The Satnav, Spare wheel, Alcantara suede trim and Tyre pressure monitoring were optional extras.

Trying to find time to get a good look at it is proving tricky. It is still available- seller said that there have been quite a few enquires but with no history buyers have been put off 

If i can knock down enough to cover a big service at a decent independant or dealer, do the belts and pump - assuming its not a chain, in which case I would be way more weary of it - and the work listed on the MOTs is OK then it would be a steal at that price. 

If the 64 plate car above it will be cam-belt and as the water pump does not run on the belt it will not need doing.
PS: make sure the car has the optional Sat-Nav as the car did not come with that as standard.

TBH, IMO, at 61k'ish and no history, £9995 (even if you can get £1k'ish or more off) does not seem a steal to me even if you get them to service it etc,

WBAC is the low 7k mark, I know you like the spec, but I'm sure there are others out there worth considering.

Caveat emptor 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all thanks for your help. I bailed on that one in the end. Agree it's overpriced. 

Looking at one not too far away 1.2 2014 TSI elegance. 

Researching this one, it's a timing chain engine, only 42000 miles with history. I assume listening to the chain on startup for any chaffing noises plus checking regular oil changes. At 42k we should be good for a while. 

Cheers, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow.