Samsung Galaxy S22 series failes to connect to Android Auto

MGV

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, i reported this back in November 2022 to Google, as my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra does not connect to Skoda Scala 05/2022 - Bolero.

None of the ports is working, successfully tested a Samsung A52s and it works.

Have been trying lot of fixes but nothing worked, my car says the last software is installed.

Google says nothing just keeps asking for bug reports, Samsung says it is a Google app and Skoda has to update the infotainment, and Skoda says my software is up to date :)

Here is the topic from Google AA page :

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/151770722/auto-android-on-s22-ultra?hl=en&pli=1

And here is how it behaves on my end :

Edited by MGV

6 hours ago, MGV said:

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else has this issue, i reported this back in November 2022 to Google, as my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra does not connect to Skoda Scala 05/2022 - Bolero.

None of the ports is working, successfully tested a Samsung A52s and it works.

Have been trying lot of fixes but nothing worked, my car says the last software is installed.

Google says nothing just keeps asking for bug reports, Samsung says it is a Google app and Skoda has to update the infotainment, and Skoda says my software is up to date :)

Here is the topic from Google AA page :

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/151770722/auto-android-on-s22-ultra?hl=en&pli=1

And here is how it behaves on my end :

It’s not compatible check Skoda compatibility website 

2 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

It’s not compatible check Skoda compatibility website 

I know but this is rather absurd, why would another phone with same Android version and same AA version work ? It does not make sense.

The phone is one year old now, Skoda does not support S21 series either only S21 5G. I think that list is not up to date, and i would not change my phone with one 3- years just for this.

A solution has to be found, either from Google, Samsung or Skoda.

1 minute ago, MGV said:

Not sure what you ask :)

Try to press and hold down the Menu button for 10 seconds, this should enter you into the engineering menu, then take a look about.

It might be name MEN3_EU_SK for example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, varooom said:

Try to press and hold down the Menu button for 10 seconds, this should enter you into the engineering menu, then take a look about.

It might be name MEN3_EU_SK for example.

Thanks, i just learned something.1714274340_WhatsAppImage2023-03-07at15_33_50.thumb.jpeg.b87de74d9c34eacd33a8a689acf9c1ab.jpeg

Just now, varooom said:

Well there is 1790 version that might apply onto your system.

MEN3_EU_SK370_P2345L

Can i get that from the service ? Do we have a change log on  what it updates ? I have asked once my Skoda dealer if there is a new software and they say it does not. Also not sure if it fixes this.

1 minute ago, MGV said:

Can i get that from the service ? Do we have a change log on  what it updates ? I have asked once my Skoda dealer if there is a new software and they say it does not. Also not sure if it fixes this.

Not sure if you will get this via OTA method, they don't give any changelog with the file.  It was only a recent release, November 2022.

• Like 1

Just now, varooom said:

Not sure if you will get this via OTA method, they don't give any changelog with the file.  It was only a recent release, November 2022.

Most likely not over OTA as i kept checking, will try my luck with the dealer. When i told them that i need to check for new software it's like they have seen ghosts :)

Thanks

Just now, MGV said:

Most likely not over OTA as i kept checking, will try my luck with the dealer. When i told them that i need to check for new software it's like they have seen ghosts :)

Thanks

I can send it to you, if you want to bypass their head scratching.  You can of course load firmware at your own risk, but 99.99% have no issues, and you cannot accidently load incorrect software.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, varooom said:

I can send it to you, if you want to bypass their head scratching.  You can of course load firmware at your own risk, but 99.99% have no issues, and you cannot accidently load incorrect software.

Not sure if that voids my warranty or not. I presume that they are protected from incorrect softwtare being applied.

4 minutes ago, MGV said:

Not sure if that voids my warranty or not. I presume that they are protected from incorrect softwtare being applied.

I mean I am sure they would wiggle out of it yes, that's what all good dealers do.

They will never load software it was not designed for, and they also have emergency recovery method if your update media had bad sectors.

• Like 1

So the warranty will not be voided ? Does it erase data ? Or just updates as eg mobile phones do when they upgrade?

Just now, MGV said:

So the warranty will not be voided ? Does it erase data ? Or just updates as eg mobile phones do when they upgrade?

They will probably say your warranty is voided, but these have recovery methods built into the firmware, so even if things went wrong (very unlikely) you can recover the situation.

They could be aware you have updated the system if they plug in, but they cannot say "since you updated the firmware, your engine fault was caused by this"

It might erase settings in the radio, resetting things to defaults, for some it just updates and like a mobile phone as you say.

If you are in doubts, then leave it alone... maybe try with dealer to push for update (though they sound clueless)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, varooom said:

They will probably say your warranty is voided, but these have recovery methods built into the firmware, so even if things went wrong (very unlikely) you can recover the situation.

They could be aware you have updated the system if they plug in, but they cannot say "since you updated the firmware, your engine fault was caused by this"

It might erase settings in the radio, resetting things to defaults, for some it just updates and like a mobile phone as you say.

If you are in doubts, then leave it alone... maybe try with dealer to push for update (though they sound clueless)

I'll try with them, thank you anyway. Good knowledge is always hard to find.🤗

• Like 1

I got an answer (translated) from one of Skoda's dealer in Romania. Asked them if they could update with 1790 from 11.2022

When an update requested by the manufacturer and carried out by authorized personnel (representation service) appears, you will be notified.

The other OVER THE AIR updates are carried out by the customer from the infotainment system.
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markcloverpfc21 said:

Same problem with a Samsung s23 ultra connecting to android auto all my others did got round it by going into google maps app from phone settings and turned at all times on problem solved seen lots of people having problems with the new samsungs 

Not sure i understand, is there a fix ? Google Maps is not fully related to AA, as Android Auto fails to start, and it seems the issue is with cars from VAG group.