Is headlight labeler auto adjusting or not

I checked your link and red the whole thread. The guy had to take the car to the garage to fix.

I ran the OBD11 and tested LED output.. couldn't find anything suspicious there ..tomorrow or day after tomorrow, I'll try to check the rear sensor..once people sit on the rear of the car headlight level should go down to adjust the beam and it should work based on the rear sensor...probably that sensor could be faulty but again if it is faulty obd11 should pull it..every now and then OBD11 pulls up that my Air Car sensor faulty..so why not this important sensor!

Screenshot_2023-03-10-23-14-53-15_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-10-23-13-52-40_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

You will only have a rear level sensor. the front level sensors are fitted on cars with dcc suspension.

Interesting, I wonder why they dropped the front sensor. Still that would explain why front suspension work has made the OP's headlights so out of spec :thumbup:

7 hours ago, automass said:

I ran the OBD11 and tested LED output.. couldn't find anything suspicious there ..tomorrow or day after tomorrow, I'll try to check the rear sensor..once people sit on the rear of the car headlight level should go down to adjust the beam and it should work based on the rear sensor...probably that sensor could be faulty but again if it is faulty obd11 should pull it..every now and then OBD11 pulls up that my Air Car sensor faulty..so why not this important sensor!

You're probably looking in the wrong place...

I don't have the exact module/wording as I've lent my VCDS to a mate so I can't double check.

Still, at a guess you need to look at the measuring blocks under either 09 or 4B. I'd hope there is something similar to "Sensor Signal - Rear (G76/G77)" which gives a percentage, you might also have a "Sensor Signal - Front (G78/G289)".

If you're only getting data from the rear sensor, that suggests you only have one sensor fitted and you just need to perform basic settings and a headlight alignment, please see the details below.

12 hours ago, ords said:

If you look at the link in my post earlier today, it mentions doing basic settings with vcd's or similar and then adjusting the headlights with the adjusters on the headlight housing.

It's a bit more complex than that post makes out to do it correctly, longer instructions below:

image.thumb.png.cbf7306b0ad41ac9eecc9dc80f8ab0b4.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, automass said:

Left it with halford auto center this morning.£15 per headlight..lets see what they can do?

No luck with halfords autocenter..they checked alignments and they are perfect but they don't work for range leveller.

N.B: hurrahhh..problem found..one if the youtube video helped me a lot..its rear passenger side sensor snapped. Now the guy is trying to fix 

IMG20230311145245.jpg

IMG20230311145233.jpg

• Like 2

Garage guy screwd through the broken link (green two parts in the upper picture). I don't know whether it will work or not or shall i buy a new sensor! to test the sensor he and myself sat at the back of the car, but didn't see headlight beam adjusting..anyway, wish me luck..I will drive few days and will see if the screw fix is working or not.

8 hours ago, automass said:

Left it with halford auto center this morning.£15 per headlight..lets see what they can do?

I  have tried to do basic headlamp settings and all of a sudden warning triangle with sound popped in to the dashboard saying headlight range controller faulty. I think screw fix is not working ..does anyone know the part number of this sensor?

Screenshot_2023-03-11-19-25-13-84_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-11-19-18-33-78_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ords said:

Have the basic settings been done since the repair as per langers2k post?

There are no basic settings required for a basic headlamp level adjustment.

Basic setting is generally for the manual adjustment side of the headlamps.

Replace the level sensor which is a fancy potentiometer and you’ll be good to go. Sitting in the back of the car won’t make a big difference as the height adjustment is minimal and is only visible over a very long distance.

• Thanks 1

I drove the car very good tonight..no headlight beam focusing to upward even when i had few peoples at the back of the car. but that warning triangle "Error:headlight range control" is not getting deleted by obd11. Along with it there is another fault "Data bus front light" and in small print Additional installation detected. whenever i start the car that fault is in the dash. Can anyone help me please. I am getting frustrated.

Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-42-17-78_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

Edited by automass

Just forgot to add, there are following modules showing orange in OBDeleven: 

Led Module Left

Led Module Right

Screenshot_2023-03-11-20-37-31-74_e12f25f1a1eef3fba9ad2471f7cb9c73.jpg

Edited by automass

I had to buy an original part (I know the part number now if anybody needs) (2nd hand) and replaced, still there was error on the dash. Headlight: Range Controle Error. One of the other local garage guy has managed to dilete the fault. but still there is one fault and

Led Module Left,Led Module Right  in orange. I think basic settings as i was fiddling with somehow enabled another function (Led Module Left,Led Module Right). Does anyone know how to delete or ignore this.

IMG20230313115308.jpg

IMG20230313113453.jpg

On 12/03/2023 at 09:53, automass said:

Just forgot to add, there are following modules showing orange in OBDeleven: 

Led Module Left

Led Module Right

Im gonna assume you ran the basic settings which wiped the adaptations from the headlight modules - these now need a procedure following to reinstate them

20 hours ago, automass said:

What's the procedure then? 

I wouldnt know it off the top of my head sorry.

The method i would follow is using ODIS which will run through the correct procedure automatically sorry.

The "no basic settings" error probably needs the basic settings running as per the instruction I posted previously so the car can relearn the normal/level position.

No idea how you'd do this with OBDeleven as I've never used it, it might be worth asking on the OBDeleven forums for advice on that specific tool...

A full scan might give some clues about the "additional installations" error - at a guess you've changed the coding of 4B. Is there a coding log or anything useful from OBDeleven that might help?

• Like 1

The range control error has been fixed by the garage guy. He did adaptation for the new sensor..Additional installation detected fault appeared because of fiddling with the option,adaptation, factory setting, basic settings etc..garage guys do not know how to fix it. At the moment if i fiddle with basic or factory settings headlamp range control error pops up again. 

Edited by automass

Those LED module left and LED module right are generating fault code now. They are Low beam light bulb overtemperature  protection active. they are not getting deleted. I can see headlight's level just swing down and up when i press delete. 

Edited by automass