Favorit 1.3 SPI high idle/hunting

Hi all,

My favorit has been off the road for about 18 months. On starting it up again it runs ok for few minutes then the idle speed Starts hunting

https://youtube.com/shorts/_97Mcb8pGSA?feature=share

after a few more minutes hunting it settles but at the higher idle speed, and exhaust gets a bit more smokey

https://youtube.com/shorts/ASYZ5h6YQnE?feature=share

First thought was maybe coolant temperature sensor making it run rich but pretty sure that was one of the things I changed 3000 miles ago

any other suggestions?

cheers 

Check the spark plugs, the throttle, the Lambda sensor, change gas station for 1-2 times, change the engine oil-oil filter.

By the way charge your battery too and when everything is checked make a journey with high rpm.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wesacosa said:

I took the airbox off again and rechecked all the connections

It happened to me few years ago, the screws of the hose clamps were a little bit ''loose'' and more air was coming into the throttle.

It's not something easy to see, especially in Cold weather there is a tiny material delation.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2023 at 07:57, wesacosa said:

charged the battery as previously it was off a jump start

Fully recharge the battery with a charger that can go low and slow as possible, 2 or 3 amp charging better than 4 or 6 amp but will take a lot longer.

The day after the full charging check the battery for (state of) charge and if possible state of health, a poor battery could hinder your recommissioning whereas a good battery in good state of charge and health will possibly speed up recommissioning and help with keeping the whole car going well.

• Like 1