Squeaky front shocks, should I be worried?

I have a 2014 Skoda Fabia Mk2 1.6 TDI (105) with 106k on the clock. The shocks are original but have recently started making quite noticeable squeaking noises when going over bumps (particularly speed bumps). This is a very noticeable noise and is definitely worse after the car has been sitting for a while and gets better after a bit of use. It is that classic knackered bed spring sound only louder. It only appears to be coming from the front. So my question is how likely are these to fail and subsequently how urgent is it that I get them replaced or seen to? Should I be expecting to have to change them by now or is this just an annoying but harmless problem?

I am making a longer run to the Alps in a couple of weeks and would hate for them to break on that trip so can anyone give me a steer as to whether it is worth getting them checked out?

Thanks in advance.

Had a squeak on my mates car when going over bumps and it was the cover inside the spring that protects the ram on the shock it was perished, he wanted to just remove them but as I  pointed out if he did the shocks would fail in a few weeks so better to replace the shocks in advance and fit new covers, when removed we also found th top rubber bush mount was on it's way out and we think this also added to to the noise problem, both shocks and mounts were replaced we used gas struts/shocks as the ones fitted were gas filled