Can you get the phone to appear on virtual cockpit?

Hi.

Can someone with some brains please help me with this, if you connect your phone via Bluetooth to your car and someone calls, can you get who's calling to appear on the virtual cockpit? 

I can't find any setting to do so, my Mk3 would put it on the VC, but Mk4 doesn't seem to.. 🤔

Thanks for your time 

I’ve not found a setting for it either. I use my phone connected via CarPlay though, and from memory, it’s the same with Android Auto. Never used the traditional (pre CarPlay/AA) type connection in my Mk4.

Since I’ve had the latest s/w in my car I now get turn directions via CarPlay in the top centre of VC as well as the Infotainment screen.

Hello. I do not remember to have configured any special settings, but in my car the incoming call is always shown in the right side of the virtual cockpit, indicating the caller name and giving the option to accept or decline the call with the scroll wheel at the right side of the steering wheel. I do not need to select previously the "phone" menu as shown in the picture from "UltraRunner"

Would you give a try to this?:

- press scroll wheel at the right side of the steering wheel

- scroll up or down until "settings" menu is shown

- press the right arrow in the right side of the steering wheel. It will show a list of settings with the on/off check box

- scroll down until "telephone" is shown, and press the scroll wheel to turn the check box on

- exit the menu

I admit that during a test a while ago to confirm the procedure, turning off the "telephone" option had no effect (this is: the incoming call is always appearing despite this setting). I rather think that this check boxes are a list of the menu items that will appear when you scroll.

I am still at software version 1804 (the original one when I received the car), but I'm starting to be afraid of the next update, because I have not experienced any problem so far...

IMG_20230329_002436.jpg