The next generation MINI Cooper Electric 2024 & MINI Aceman 2024/25 pics & Videos.

Ootohere

53 minutes ago, toot said:

Oh no.  Looks like they consulted with the BMW's master of fugly front end designer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Need bigger open mouth! BIGGER!

The side and rear feels like a Chinese copy,

I do like the front lights though, round with a hint of squint.

Any of the EV's just need as much grill / mouth as is required for the air getting in.

Wrap the front registration plate area panel in satin back maybe for that Big Mouth Audi stylee.

There are no low down fog lights on that car. 

A tiny rear wiper blade.

Not loads of shiny black plastic trim to scratch on that example with the matt finish, just that rear band.

These big expanses of body panels look like a horror show for showing dents and dings. 

Solid colours, red or white maybe best for body repairs. 

It is a pity small mad / gravel guards are not moulded in to the rear of wheel arches, just small amounts of protection to save having to fit anything aftermarket.

Back end looks a bit like a dog with worms dragging its arse. 

Video from 1 year ago.

Edited by toot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The stuff that they seem to think is important to be able to see on the screen and the Blackest BLACK is all good and well as long as they have the important stuff right for the driver when driving and the stuff you touch has no sharp edges from poor manufacturing of the plastic parts. 

(Current MINI indicator stalk is terrible for the moulding ridge, &which might be the most touched part in a car other than the steering wheel, the seat and the accelerator pedal.

Maybe the first journalists can check the cars out closely and let MINI / BMW know if there is poor quality of components that the Engineers, Road Testers and management should pick up on before putting the cars into production.

Reveal is 1st September.

http://carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/mini/cooper-electric

Edited by toot

• Ootohere changed the title to Next generation MINI Cooper Electric pics & Videos.

The interior is a dogs dinner IMO.

No idea what Thomas is on about really as premium that is not.

Do people drive and park cars where the interior / dash does not get stour over them.  Stuff having to vacuum a dash like that.

Is no thought given to those openning cans or bottles of fizzy stuff and get splashage? 

Especially where people might be taking drinks while charging an EV.

No speedo in front of you, and as for the Heads up that is crap on the current model if you want to sit low and have the steering wheel low.

The door handles will have a limited life. The current ones are perfect and there is a little button for the keysless opening and closing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I received an e-mail inviting me to book a slot next week to go view the new MINI hatch in Aberdeen or the Countryman the next day.

I will give that a miss and wait till they have demonstrators at my local showroom and i can drive one,

Really not interested in them until i am changing car in 2026 if i do get another then.

By that time they might have this NEWEST MINI Electric fully sorted and with a dash in front of the driver and not just a 'heads up display'. 

Also wipe down plastics in the cockpit / dash. 

A BRISKODA members vid.

Edited by Rooted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep watching for anything with the New MINI Electric being driven since the reveal happened but so far nothing i can see.

Daily i get stuff from MINI on the Lights, Screen and style.

This was vid 7 months ago and shows as much on it than anyone else has driving one,

No idea about more power and more fun because there no way i could drive any faster on twisty roads and that is with suitable tyres not the crap summer tyres fitted as standard.

That is to all MINI,s not just the electrics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not seen any Reviews / Viseos of the New MINI Cooper Electrics being driven undisguised in either of the Battery Sizes / Power they are coming in.

Now there is more coming out on the New MINI Aceman. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

At long last Right hand drive and the UK specs.  This being the more powerful car.

Maybe not long until they are shown being driven and reviewed with a driver have to use the screen while driving. 

The ICE Version.

If that is not a Clam Shell bonnet what it is?  There is no vent on the bonnet, that is obvious. 

ICE version.

Edited by Rooted

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The New MINI Aceman reveal is on the 24th April 2024.

As to the New MINI Cooper Electric still no journalist / vloggers / influencer,s getting to drive them or if they having being allowed to publish them filmed / photographed in undisguised ones.

There will be an embargo on that. Software issues still maybe...

Re the 'Leather steering wheel'  It must be a very good version of Leather Look & Feel if BMW / MINI are to be believed. 

Maybe his error.   JCW,s is a trim only, not any performance different from the other Bigger Battery Cooper S.

The Cooper E being the smaller battery version with less power. 

Screenshot 2024-04-23 07.55.34.jpg

Edited by Rooted

• Ootohere changed the title to The next generation MINI Cooper Electric 2024 & MINI Aceman 2024/25 pics & Videos.
  • 2 weeks later...