Cruise control availability on 68 SE

Hi, time to upgrade from my 2005 fabia elegance! Cruise control and semi automatic (DSG?) are both important to me, and I've seen a 68 SE DSG for sale that I could have delivered. It wasn't easy to research but I thought Mk3 faclifted cars (ie 68 onwards) had cruise control as standard, but when the guy on the phone checked the specs, which I suspect were just generic, he said no cruise control. Am I wrong to think it should have it? Many, many thanks for any quick replies

It's possible it might just have a speed limiter. That was standard on SE until at least '67 plate. But yes a pic of the left hand stalk will tell you for definite.

• Like 1

I have a 2015 Fabia sel with cruise and speed limiter. What you are looking for on the box on the end of the stalk

Top edge on/off switch

Side edge rocker switch to change speed up or down

Bottom edge push button to change from speed limiter to cruise control hope that helps

3 hours ago, JoePeddos said:

Bottom edge push button to change from speed limiter to cruise control hope that helps

This is the bit that's more awkward to see and photo so angle of photo is important.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies. Seller is Cazoo, I asked the bloke I spoke to if I could speak to someone where its held but he had no idea where that was, so no chance of a pic unfortunately. Sounds like I'll have to limit my search to SEL to guarantee cruise control.

Or buy from somewhere different to the CarZoo type places.

Have you actually driven a 2018 Fabia Mk3 to see how very different it might be to your 2005 Fabia, or driven a few years older Toyota or Honda to reduce the purchasing gamble.

2017 and beyond is a different Fabia car to even 2016 and personally I'd avoid anything during the time of the pandemic and the ongoing computer chip shortage in the car industry.  Things have moved on a lot since 2005 but not all are improvements.

I have just checked the symbols on the cruise/speed limiter arm on my 2015 fabia. Directly above the switch between the 2 is a picture of a speedometer with the word mode written across it. Hope this helps

1 hour ago, JoePeddos said:

I have just checked the symbols on the cruise/speed limiter arm on my 2015 fabia. Directly above the switch between the 2 is a picture of a speedometer with the word mode written across it. Hope this helps

Picture added

Cruse.jpg